Alexander Ilin

Testing private fix for Slowdown problem KES 8

You can rollback from the admin console.

Select the managed computers group you want to rollback, then Task, Create a Task, give it a name, then select "Rollback" from the Endpoint Security 8 for Windows list.

Ohh cool, thank you very much. :cb_punk:

As I stated in a previous post, we just bought this software about a month ago... We're still getting used to all the admin console features (Didn't really have much time to learn it all since it turned half our machines into junk 2 weeks after we bought it.. :blink: )

This should make it so much easier to rollback from their a, b, c, pf80 nightmare.

Another question: should pf80 show up as a patch installed for the client machine in the admin console? We had *one* machine out of the numerous ones we tried pf80 on where it actually worked (after they had patch a, b ,c). However, the admin tool just says that this machine has only patch a, b.

Could this be related to what others are reporting where the admin server is not giving accurate information about what is running on the client PC?

We find that the console sometimes needs to be refreshed to show the updates to the client machine's install versions. pf80 will appear after the a,b,c on computers with that patch successfully applied. So it will read 8.1.0.831 (a,b.c,pf80).

Our one test machine with pf80 still has issues. Kaspersky appears to have no interest in answer our questions. There is certainly no sense of urgency in getting us answers.

I am in the same mood of you. :angry:

On my computer at PF80 level, I am getting a BSOD in NDIS when I standby or shutdown.

I read about PF82 patch and haven't see it anywhere. Someone know where we can get it.

Our one test machine with pf80 still has issues. Kaspersky appears to have no interest in answer our questions. There is certainly no sense of urgency in getting us answers.

Same here. I opened a ticket on Thursday the 14th and haven't heard anything back. Once I got my companyaccount login fixed (still think that it is utterly moronic to put gibberish in the password field for your browser to remember when logging in. IMO its none of their business if I choose to save it into my browser, put it into something like KeyPass, put it on a post-it note under my keyboard or tattoo it onto my arm) I was able to look at the ticket and it says "In Progress" no responses from anyone at Kaspersky though, not even a "we are looking into it" or a "waiting for the next patch to be ready" just an auto "Ticket has been opened" email.

Aaron Z

On my computer at PF80 level, I am getting a BSOD in NDIS when I standby or shutdown.

I read about PF82 patch and haven't see it anywhere. Someone know where we can get it.

Hi,

This is not a public patch. You have to contact with Kaspersky Official Support. Open a support ticket.

Regards

This is why you cannot run this product on a server - imagine if your server were responding the way the client computers do.

Bad, bad Kaspersky.

Hi,

This is not a public patch. You have to contact with Kaspersky Official Support. Open a support ticket.

Regards

May I ask why this is not a public patch, when it seems that all other patches/fixes for this issue have been public?

May I ask why this is not a public patch, when it seems that all other patches/fixes for this issue have been public?

PF80 is a public patch - they are still testing PF 82 and AutoPatch D (as per a chat with a Kaspersky Tech yesterday afternoon).

Bad, bad Kaspersky.

PF80 is a public patch - they are still testing PF 82 and AutoPatch D (as per a chat with a Kaspersky Tech yesterday afternoon).

Bad, bad Kaspersky.

I now have a new issue. I had a computer yet again acting all crazy with patch a,b,c and pf80 installed. So I used kavremover.exe to uninstall kaspersky completely from the machine. Now the problems lies that the computer is pretty much useless now. I have no usb ports and no network connections at all. They are all disabled and will not re-enable. Nice job kaspersky way to make sure no one gets rid of your software!!!!!

Now how do I fix this issue. If this is to happen on other machines that I uninstall from it is a major issue.

I now have a new issue. I had a computer yet again acting all crazy with patch a,b,c and pf80 installed. So I used kavremover.exe to uninstall kaspersky completely from the machine. Now the problems lies that the computer is pretty much useless now. I have no usb ports and no network connections at all. They are all disabled and will not re-enable. Nice job kaspersky way to make sure no one gets rid of your software!!!!!

Now how do I fix this issue. If this is to happen on other machines that I uninstall from it is a major issue.

he there tinalms,

I had this problem. I did a system restore and worked for me. But I had to do it by using the windows 7 cd. When I did it from windows it didn't work. (You may get a message saying the restore failed but after restart you can confirm that it worked)

Now, About this KES8 problems. We had about 15 computers with this problem. So what I did was upgrade to KES10. But it seems whe Web Control / Web-Antivirus / Firewall do not work or work to well because I had some trusted sites that use an app called "jnit" (Oracle forms) working well on KES8 and now it doesn't seem to accept my rules (tried everything).

Firewall blocks Remote Desktop. Again, same tules as KES8 and nothing. Allowed port 3389,3390 in every way and nothing. Allowed all connections and nothing. It only works when I disable it. Same goes to Web Control / web-antivirus

Hi tinalms, could you please be more specific: how do you see that neither USB ports nor network connections are working? Maybe if you could provide us with more detailed symptoms, we could help you resolve this issue. By the way, did you have any KES rules configured to block removable drives or network adapters before you uninstalled it?

Regards,

Eduard

Same here. I opened a ticket on Thursday the 14th and haven't heard anything back. Once I got my companyaccount login fixed (still think that it is utterly moronic to put gibberish in the password field for your browser to remember when logging in. IMO its none of their business if I choose to save it into my browser, put it into something like KeyPass, put it on a post-it note under my keyboard or tattoo it onto my arm) I was able to look at the ticket and it says "In Progress" no responses from anyone at Kaspersky though, not even a "we are looking into it" or a "waiting for the next patch to be ready" just an auto "Ticket has been opened" email.

Aaron Z

Hi PLSCANS, have you got any reaction on your ticket yet? I am sorry for not responding to your request immediately. Please let me know if the problem still stands, we will try to do our best to respond as promptly as possible.

Regards,

Eduard

StephanB, are you able to restore after the BSOD? I guess you should have a crash dump generated then? In such a case I would recommend you to supply a ticket to KL support and attach the dump. As far as I know similar behavior has not been reported by the clients yet and it will help the support team to study your case.

Regards,

Eduard

We have 27 computers and are left in the same bind as the rest of the users in the forum. Our reseller is telling us that there are no better options, but this testing that Kaspersky is doing on our computers is killing us. We are a small Engineering company. Our users are not drones that don't know any better - they are asking how can a security software act like a virus? And when the security program acts like a virus is it really better than actually having a virus? Of course, we do not pay people to infect our computers with viruses, but we DID pay Kaspersky.

Dear Kaspersky - FIX YOUR SOFTWARE SO THAT IT DOES NOT SCREW UP OUR COMPUTERS!!!! Everyone who has recommended Kasperksy to clients or bosses looks foolish. When my bosses ask I tell them it was the best decision we could make at the time but certainly if our subscription were up we would not make that decision again.

Hi JBT3, what version of KES and which patches have you installed? What is your issue, is it the slowdown still or there are any other problems you are facing? If you provided us with more detailed information on the current state and configuration perhaps the support team could suggest a solution to your problem. I can assure you that KL staff are working on all the recent incidents and we will respond to all requests ASAP. If you have not yet submitted a ticket to the support team I would strongly recommend to so so and supply as much information about your case as possible.

Regards,

Eduard

We find that the console sometimes needs to be refreshed to show the updates to the client machine's install versions. pf80 will appear after the a,b,c on computers with that patch successfully applied. So it will read 8.1.0.831 (a,b.c,pf80).

Or generate the update report once more.

Sorry,i will like to ask for a Network running about 2000 computers how does Kaspersky expect the Administrators to go round each computer and reboot each of these computers six(6) or seven (7) times before thesesd errors phase out.

It is unprofessional and unacceptable because these clients didn't pay to have their computers restarted a couple of times,they paid for their Antivirus solution to work for them.

i am not happy withKaspersky and i hope they are going to get us a permanent solution and give us steps on how to fix this issue via the KSC 9 console.

Regards,

Chukwunonso.

Hi Chukwunonso, I completely agree that managing a network with 2000 hosts manually is not tolerable. KL team is now working on a solution that could be applied via SC, but we do not have any yet. We will post information on the forum and give response to the tickets as soon as a suitable solution is available. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Regards,

Eduard

Sounds like our experience has been pretty much similar to others on here. Fortunately for us PF80 fixed the issues that we were having, although getting the patch installed on 200+ machines proved to be more than a challenge. In most cases a couple of reboots were required before the client pc was stable enough to accept the patch through the managment center, in some cases we had to boot to safe mode then disable the kaspersky service before being to apply the patch through the console. In a few cases a manual install or a total uninstall and reinstall was required. Fortunately our remote users seemed be have so far been unaffected, I think this may be because of the way Kaspersky seems to randomly apply patches so seemingly identical machines with identical update policies in place. I have noticed during the dramas of the last couple of weeks some machines do not appear to have patch b installed.... I shall leave solving that particular "mission impossibe" for another time.

So the reason for my post is that now that most of the dust has settled on our problems I thought I would compose an email to Kaspersky tech support with some follow up questions regarding the issue. The response was reasonably swift which I must admit was a surprise, but the content was deeply unsatisfying. The questions and answers are posted below.

1. What was the cause of the problem with patch the b/c?

Service process (SRV) of avp.exe is being closed due to the request from GUI of avp.exe, which is being stopped during log-off.

2. Why were these updates not more thoroughly tested?

Despite of the fact that testing procedure was held in the same way as all the rest the issue wasn't caught during the testing

3. Why did it take so long (5 days in our case) to issue an update for the problems caused by the patches?

The issue was not reproducable and we were waiting for the correct files to be sent in order to start investigations

4. Why when the erroneous updates were issued as part of the automatic update process was the fix also not issued in the same way?

Because not all customers came accross the issue with system slowdown. In this way it was provided only for affected customers.

5. Why is there not rollback process available for software updates in the same way that there is for database updates?

Rollback was impossible by design because of security consideration

6. What are Kaspersky prepared to offer customers for the inconvenience and loss of revenue caused by this to their customers?

Unfortunately I'm not able to provide this information.

This will need to be directed towards your point of purchase (reseller).

It would appear that Kaspersky are refusing to accept that the problem was more wide spread and seem to have addopted a reliance on end users for beta testing and bug testing. I fully appreciate that the reply came from 1st line support, but this in itself indicates a lack of acknowledgement or ownership of the problems.

I for one will defnately be considering alternative products when the software renewal comes arround.

We have a number of PC's that have the problems and we don't seem to be able to fix them.

As soon as we enable any Kasperky services they hang and the red K does not appear as well.

I have tried rolling out pf80 but it does not seem to have installed on any of the workstations.

I looked in the directory that the manual install is meant to be and it doesn't exist

This has caused me a lot of grief and to be honest I am more than ready to dump Kaspersky completely

Can we just have a fix that works and installs.

Can we just have a fix that works and installs.

Yes. You can submit ticket in CompanyAccount, and support engineers immediately send you pf_82 and instructions how to install it.

After countless hours of juggling with patches b,c,pf79 and pf80 i can conclude the following for now:

- pf80 does not fix slowdown issues on windows 7 64 bit

- patch B and its counterpart pf79 can cause system file corruption (see at the bottom how i resolved that) which can prevent kaspersky to boot normally.

- In some cases patch a,b and c WITHOUT pf80 can resolve my issues on windows 7

- Windows vista 32 bit machines seam not so much affected as windows 7 machines and still run on all combinations of the patches EXCEPT for the combo A, B and pf79

- patch B was under all circumstances the culprit of the problems to my expirience.

Solution to non-kaspersky-boot on 32 bit windows 7:

1. Uninstall kaspersky, either with its own uninstall utility or if you suspect corruption by http://support.kaspersky.com/3057

2. Shedule a system file check and surface scan; reboot and wait to finish for repairs.

3. After normal boot up: run a CMD with elevated privilidges and execute 'sfc /scannow' | this will repair damaged system files if that happened.

4. Push install KES 8 again packed with a,b,c,pf80.

I have so far no consistent results for any procedure that works on windows 7 x64 to resolve non booting issues or slowdowns EXCEPT rolling back to KES 8 for workstations with patch A only.

A costumer

Hello, are you still experiencing problems with pf80? It appears that on certain configurations pf80 fails to fix the slowdown issue, but in order to study this cases and provide a solution to them we need more detailed information about the system and the product. It would be great if you could supply us with product traces from a hanging machine. You can collect traces following the steps described here: http://support.kaspersky.com/7376 Unfortunately until we have traces from an affected host we are not able to define and fix the problem.

I would also highly recommend to everyone who is still experiencing problems with patchB and/or pf80 to forward these cases with all available information, including traces, to KL support, where they will be properly investigated.

Regards,

Eduard

Yes. You can submit ticket in CompanyAccount, and support engineers immediately send you pf_82 and instructions how to install it.

company response to tickets is way too slow. I submitted a ticket on the 8th and just got a response to patch pf80 on the 13th. Now i am waiting on the same ticket for patch pf82.

kaspersky, you need to publish fixes on this forum, so everyone can just download it quickly without having to wait for a response on each of the individual company tickets.

company response to tickets is way too slow. I submitted a ticket on the 8th and just got a response to patch pf80 on the 13th. Now i am waiting on the same ticket for patch pf82.

kaspersky, you need to publish fixes on this forum, so everyone can just download it quickly without having to wait for a response on each of the individual company tickets.

Please tell me your ticket number and i increase speed response hundreds of times

Yes, I second that.

coz the problem is the same among all ( no K on task bar , PC slow down , somg network application wont work , etc ... )

I had this problem too. I did a system restore to a previous date in safe mode.

Hi tinalms, could you please be more specific: how do you see that neither USB ports nor network connections are working? Maybe if you could provide us with more detailed symptoms, we could help you resolve this issue. By the way, did you have any KES rules configured to block removable drives or network adapters before you uninstalled it?

Regards,

Eduard

Eduard,

I used kavremover to completely remove kaspersky from a windows 7 64-bit machine as it was having issues with all these patches and fixes. Once it finished removing and rebooted like it asked the only thing that works aside from windows is the cd drive and monitor. All other ports have exclamation points on them and state they are disabled. I cannot re-enable them and I tried a windows system restore and that did not work. I am going to try a restore with the windows 7 disk next and see if that works. This is rediculous that I can't even remove this jacked up software without it causing even more issues. I am sure it is a registry issue somewhere but not sure.

I did find a registry fix for usb ports on kaspersky's site as they know it's an issue but their solution did not fix the problem. I need my machines working and working properly. I need to know I can uninstall kaspersky and the machines still work as yes I am dumping kaspersky.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.