Bradb21

Port 80 being blocked

Has anyone used the new signatures successfully - after clearing the repository?

Does anyone know what the signature count should be for the working set?

Has anyone used the new signatures successfully - after clearing the repository?

Does anyone know what the signature count should be for the working set?

I've tested that it does work again with newer updates. I can't tell you what version. My problem still is that the machines can't download newer updates once they've already taken the bad update.... so that is going to force me to leave web protection disabled for a few days while the newer (fixed) updates make their way out to all my machines. I have 12,000 machines so that make take some time if they get powered off (which a lot of them are). I wish there was a better fix. Disabling web protection is not very smart, but it would appear we have no option at this point.

I've cleared my repository on my KSC server, but I've yet to get it rebuilt as the download is very slow.

Edited by bradb21

I agree with you 100%. It's really sad there has been no direct help from Kaspersky support in these forums on a large issue like this. I've also yet to see any official word from Kaspersky. To date anything that has been posted in these forums was from very nice people posting information from their support calls to these threads. I believe my support case that I opened yesterday is still not touched.... I will check shortly.

What's really galling to me is their handling of it all.

It's not a crime to push out an update that breaks things. This literally happens all the time,

but the apathy from Kaspersky on this forum is the deal breaker for me.

My choices were either to wait an hour on hold to be told to disable the software

or wait on another kind Admin to have sat thru that, then posted here.

The fix, thankfully was posted by another kind admin, but Kaspersky's only

post is telling us to break the software and to assure us a fix was being worked on.

Kaspersky, if you ever find yourself lost and wander into this forum, I have a message:

"Apathy is not good enough."

What's really galling to me is their handling of it all.

It's not a crime to push out an update that breaks things. This literally happens all the time,

but the apathy from Kaspersky on this forum is the deal breaker for me.

My choices were either to wait an hour on hold to be told to disable the software

or wait on another kind Admin to have sat thru that, then posted here.

The fix, thankfully was posted by another kind admin, but Kaspersky's only

post is telling us to break the software and to assure us a fix was being worked on.

Kaspersky, if you ever find yourself lost and wander into this forum, I have a message:

"Apathy is not good enough."

Agree... you're right about the bad updates. It happens to all AV companies. Our last experience was with McAfee and it deleted an important system file causing our machines to crash and then would not boot again. We had to send a body to 10,000+ machines with a disk to put the file back on the machine and then a new definition file. Although we had already starting fixing it McAfee offered us bodies to help. Instead we got a week of free consulting services and a deal on our software renewal. It will be interesting to see if any official word comes out of Kaspersky, or if they will just keep us in the dark. I had already suspected, but no have total confirmation that Kaspersky support is slow and not very good. Peer support forums are what I turn to more often than not.

Thanks to all in this forum who helped to get our computers back online, even though it isn't the safest answer yet. I'm so glad for some form of support other than endless waiting on chat or phone line.

Same issue here. Have now spent almost 24 hours trying to rectify it. I did two online chats with Kaspersky this morning. The first operator told me to use the repair function...which I did and it blew out the settings I had to change when I initally switched to Kaspersky from another virus protection. The second operator said she couldn't work through it in a chat and opened a repair ticket, sending me an e-mail so I could send back the ReportMaker report. Some huge update just came in on my laptop with XP a couple hours ago and after 45 minutes of downloading, it stopped at 87% and wouldn't go any further. Also, a rather large update that took about 25 minutes came in on my machine with Windows 7 without a problem. Obviously, it's the Windows XP people who are really screwed here. I'm really disgusted and can see from this forum I'm not alone at least. (And did I mention that while I was struggling with this problem, a rat ran out from under my desk? If only the little b(#($#d knew something about IT!) I think this classifies as a bad day.

I discovered this issue with 2 field users at 1:30 PM eastern yesterday. I troubleshot for about 4 hours, then we had more users crop up with the issue to the point where i tried turning offAV and all worked.

I also tried contacting Kaspersky this morning, KNOWING their software was the issue. I was ignored on chat and given terrible troubleshooting info, I just turned the junk off.

Ive completely had it and these companies wont get another cent out of me. Im hoping MSE lets business use more than 10 licenses soon, at least it obeys rule number one....DO NO HARM!!!

I renewed my Kaspersky in December. I got 3 calls a day. Then i got another follow up email yesterday from my rep to renew when we already had renewed.

Entire application down for me, not one phone call or email. Maybe send an alert to that same list???

I hate you Kaspersky guys.

Edited by rstoppiello

OMG! This is the update I got on the ticket that I opened... I received this update and then the ticket was closed.

update signatures

According to our records, your support request has been resolved and will be automatically closed in 5 days. If you have any further questions or concerns, please respond to this message before the case is closed, leaving the subject field unchanged.

Best regards,

Kaspersky Lab Business Products Technical Support | Support Hours: 8am to 9pm EST Mon - Fri

Kaspersky Lab

Confidentiality Notice

This email message, and any attachments hereto, are for the sole use of the intended recipients, and may contain confidential and proprietary information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution of this email message or its attachments is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply email and permanently delete this message and its attachments.

We are still having the same issue. It took about 3 hours to update the respository as the previous post suggested. I am not going to push the updates to the clients and hope for the best. Did any one having any more issues after doing what was suggested in the previous post form Kaspersky.

I also wanted to find out from the Forum as to what prompted you to figure out that KAV was the issue in the first place. For me since we had installed some citrix patches on the server over the Weekend, we were trying to troubleshoot Citrix and it took us a while to realize what the acutal issue was. Users were complaing about not been able to browse websites, but our initial response was to check the DNS Servers etc. I would like to see and learn from others how did they come to the conclusion or what prompted them to suspect KAV was the issue.

Thanks

Juzer

Edited by JOHA IT

We are still having the same issue. It took about 3 hours to update the respository as the previous post suggested. I am not going to push the updates to the clients and hope for the best. Did any one having any more issues after doing what was suggested in the previous post form Kaspersky.

I also wanted to find out from the Forum as to what prompted you to figure out that KAV was the issue in the first place. For me since we had installed some citrix patches on the server over the Weekend, we were trying to troubleshoot Citrix and it took us a while to realize what the acutal issue was. Users were complaing about not been able to browse websites, but our initial response was to check the DNS Servers etc. I would like to see and learn from others how did they come to the conclusion or what prompted them to suspect KAV was the issue.

Thanks

Juzer

Typically with any client issues, we disable KAV/KES and test for the failure. If it still fails, we know it is something else. If it doesn't fail, we troubleshoot by adding exclusions and changing settings.

OMG! This is the update I got on the ticket that I opened... I received this update and then the ticket was closed.

update signatures

According to our records, your support request has been resolved and will be automatically closed in 5 days. If you have any further questions or concerns, please respond to this message before the case is closed, leaving the subject field unchanged.

Best regards,

Kaspersky Lab Business Products Technical Support | Support Hours: 8am to 9pm EST Mon - Fri

Kaspersky Lab

Confidentiality Notice

This email message, and any attachments hereto, are for the sole use of the intended recipients, and may contain confidential and proprietary information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution of this email message or its attachments is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply email and permanently delete this message and its attachments.

Same stupid answer to the case I opened... No answer to the specific problem that as far as I can see affect all my XP stations. All those that tried to download the update before I cleared the repository and redownload from scratch (about 3 hours) are stuck in a download loop. Only solution so far is to reboot the stations.

Thank you very much Kaspersky for the superb job you have done of NOT keeping informed your clients. I can live with a tech problem. I refuse to support a company that don't have the courage to admit the issue and do all it can to keep its client informed.

I did not have this issue with Kaspersky Security Center 9.2.69 and 6.0.4.1611.

The only one issue was yesterday with my KAV server (running on XP) which wasn't able to finish downloading new update. A quick reboot solved the problem.

Then, a new update asks to reboot all workstations (XP and 7) but not for Windows Servers.

Same stupid answer to the case I opened... No answer to the specific problem that as far as I can see affect all my XP stations. All those that tried to download the update before I cleared the repository and redownload from scratch (about 3 hours) are stuck in a download loop. Only solution so far is to reboot the stations.

Thank you very much Kaspersky for the superb job you have done of NOT keeping informed your clients. I can live with a tech problem. I refuse to support a company that don't have the courage to admit the issue and do all it can to keep its client informed.

Well...I've now lost two days trying to straighten this out. First, Kaspersky's live chat wasn't open at the time advertised and when I did get an operator, she told me to use the "repair" function...which I did. Didn't work. Opened a case and sent logs and have now been told via e-mail to uninstall and reinstall. I'm running Kaspersky Small Office Security and they are telling me that my version wasn't affected by the bad update. How stupid do they think I am? Don't answer that. I'm having the exact same connectivity issue as everyone else running XP and it happened at the very same time. I'm posting this in hopes that someone at Kaspersky is at least reading these forums because I get the feeling there is no communication between the support folks we're all talking to and the programmiing engineers. I'm here to tell you, Small Office was DEFINITELY affected. I don't understand why everyone else with the problem has been given a fix and I am being told to reinstall. If I have to uninstall, there will be no REINSTALLATION...trust me.

Thanks

Juzer

We did exactly the same thing, looked at our DNS, our AD GPupdates and all because we ruled out kaspersky by using a windows 7 machine. Eventually when we figured out the traffic wasn't hitting the firewall or the filter box it was not escaping from the PC we looked at KAV again.

So far it's working for me.

The problem is, there wasn't a way to update JUST the XP machines. I couldn't find anyway. I disabled the Web AV in my workstation policy and let the propagate, but then I had to individually find the XP machines and go into their properties > Tasks > and run Update Windows Workstations.

Only reason I did this instead of just update all my workstations is because in the past these updates required a reboot. On top of that almost all of them still had Web A-V still running despite the policy change.

Additionally, most of my updates are at 91% for the past 2 hours. Not sure what they're status is now and I'm afraid I'll have to start over with some of them.

The upside is we moved antivirus. If this doesn't work, they get the new client.

Wow, another time I'm very happy I stuck with KAV6... what terrible customer service Kaspersky has.

To discuss your disappointment about their terrible customer service, be sure to call Ray at Kaspersky in Boston 781-503-1832

So far it's working for me.

The problem is, there wasn't a way to update JUST the XP machines. I couldn't find anyway. I disabled the Web AV in my workstation policy and let the propagate, but then I had to individually find the XP machines and go into their properties > Tasks > and run Update Windows Workstations.

Only reason I did this instead of just update all my workstations is because in the past these updates required a reboot. On top of that almost all of them still had Web A-V still running despite the policy change.

Additionally, most of my updates are at 91% for the past 2 hours. Not sure what they're status is now and I'm afraid I'll have to start over with some of them.

The upside is we moved antivirus. If this doesn't work, they get the new client.

Reboot the stations. They will now be able to download the update. We have the same problem here

Hello everybody,

Now everything works fine?

At 5/2/2013 2:31 AM MSK the problem was fixed by a database update which has already been uploaded to public servers.

If an affected machine updates from Admin Kit/Security Center, then updates will be downloaded automatically.

If a machine updates directly from our servers, then the initial workaround should be applied first (disabling the Web Anti-Virus component). Internet connectivity will then be restored and the customer will be able to download the most recent database update.

Official statement

Please take my apologies for this inconvenience. Actions have been taken to prevent such incidents from occurring in the future.

Hello everybody,

At 5/2/2013 2:31 AM MSK the problem was fixed by a database update which has already been uploaded to public servers.

If an affected machine updates from Admin Kit/Security Center, then updates will be downloaded automatically.

If a machine updates directly from our servers, then the initial workaround should be applied first (disabling the Web Anti-Virus component). Internet connectivity will then be restored and the customer will be able to download the most recent database update.

Official statement

Please take my apologies for this inconvenience. Actions have been taken to prevent such incidents from occurring in the future.

So, I'm not sure what the definition of "fine" is, but we're still having issues. I have to keep my Web AV protection turned off or all my XP machines will not be able to browse. This is AFTER I turned it off, wiped out the updates, downloaded the new updates.

Edited by xadrian

Hello everybody,

Official statement

We had to reboot all our 32 bits workstations (it seem finally that it was related to 32 vs 64 bits clients, not to XP vs Win7 or rel 6 vs rel 8, another info not published) so they were able to finally download the new sig otherwise, they were all stuck at 81% download. As I have state to my rep (once I found out all the Canadian team had been terminated on Jan 4th), I can live with tech problem. I cannot and will not support a company that just forgot to tell it's customers about problem:

- We have a problem and are working on it

- our support line is overwelm and cannot answer to the calls

- Publish timely updates

- Publish the solution on all it's web sites and e-mail it's customer instead of waiting for a lucky customer that was able to reach support to publish by himself the solution.

Wake up guys... We are on the fence right now and will have to dediced before year's end if we drop AV and move to whitelisting... Your actions (or lack of) is helping to reach the final answer...

Hi there,

Has anyone found a solution which doesn't require the Kaspersky admin password?

(I work freelance for a small company which has provided me with a laptop and all admin rights except the right to modify Kaspersky settings. I've got a little influenza so I want to continue working from at home and not cycle to the office right now, where one of the guys could fix it).

Cheers,

mircl

PS I also have a private laptop, so an alternative might be to somehow put the Kaspersky solution into the private laptop -> onto a USB stick -> and then somehow put it into the company laptop? (And no, I can't just work on my private laptop, it lacks the software I need).

Edited by mircl

ive just downloaded k pure 3.0 2014. it has the same problem. i tried to follow the instructions but there's no update repository button. i disabled wav and ran update. problem not solved. how can i contact a support tech?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.