I purchased Kaspersky 6 several years ago but never installed it because of the problems people were having with chkdsk. At this point, is that key useless or can it be used to install a more current version of the program?

I purchased Kaspersky 6 several years ago but never installed it because of the problems people were having with chkdsk. At this point, is that key useless or can it be used to install a more current version of the program?

Welcome.

Most likely this;

useless
but it may be possible support would be of some help. Since version 6 has been dead for years, they are the only ones that can help or supply an answer to that. Please contact support.

Welcome.

Most likely this;but it may be possible support would be of some help. Since version 6 has been dead for years, they are the only ones that can help or supply an answer to that. Please contact support.

Well my opinion is maybe it can be used. I had an unused key for Version 7 for several years and used it finally for the first time to install version 2010 or 2011 and it worked fine. Just because it was issued for Version 6 doesn't mean you can only use it with version 6, just as if you had been using it with Version 6 you could upgrade to version 2012 with any valid key... at least that is the way it was before within the last year unless the policy has changed.

If you want to use it I would just install whatever version you want to use and try it.

Talking to "support" will probably be a extremely frustrating experience... at least my experience. This forum is great, but the official support not so much.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.