hello all

I have internet security 2011 and there are some things it is telling me and i dont understand what

1. when i click Quaranteen and then in that window (protection state) click detected threats > all i find three items. A key logger and trojan marked as inactive and a downloader.win32agent.ee marked deleted. Am i suppose to do something with these items ?

2. also have this in a detailed report;;; APPLICATION>Generic Host Process for Win32 Services COMPONENT>Self-Defense RESULT>Denied ACTION>Open OBJECT>C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2011\avp.exe

is this not a bad thing as if i understand this that kaspersky has been denied access to something

help much appreciated

:aa: sorry for being thick

thank you

No need to apologize, of course. :)

1) Please post the full, complete detection details. Post screenshot of Detected > Active threats.

With columns widened to show full detected and name and object and path/location details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or

png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

2) Please ignore all such self defense messages and other non-important items that are located in the detailed report. That item is saying that Kaspersky denied access to itself. All good, no worry with that.

No need to apologize, of course. :)

1) Please post the full, complete detection details. Post screenshot of Detected > Active threats.

With columns widened to show full detected and name and object and path/location details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or

png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

2) Please ignore all such self defense messages and other non-important items that are located in the detailed report. That item is saying that Kaspersky denied access to itself. All good, no worry with that.

THERE IS NOTHING LISTED AS ACTIVE

post-210372-1298837548_thumb.jpg

Edited by Italianstallionxx

The first detection, for EA Games: Please right click that detection and Add to exclusions, because it is a known safe application that comes from the official source.

Then right click the detections that appear in your screenshot, then select Delete or Clear or Remove. Then Exit Kaspersky via right click the red K tray icon, then reboot.

The first detection, for EA Games: Please right click that detection and Add to exclusions, because it is a known safe application that comes from the official source.

Then right click the detections that appear in your screenshot, then select Delete or Clear or Remove. Then Exit Kaspersky via right click the red K tray icon, then reboot.

I hope this won't be considered as a hijacking of this thread... but I basically have the same problem only with a twist that some of the listed threats are shown as active, unlike the entries the first poster didn't understand on his machine.

As shown in the attached screenshot, the virus on 02/24/11 was detected, then disinfected, then deleted, so I guess I can right click on those entries as you suggested above and delete, clear, or remove those entries and the exit KIS and reboot.

However I don't understand the significance of the three entries showing "infected" which are web pages.

Since I am showing everything "green" I guess they aren't active threats.... so is this just some sort of an advisory that these pages are "infected" or are they somehow or somewhere in existance on my computer and I have to find and delete some entry?

If they are just sort of advisories that these web pages are infected, then I guess I can just delete the entires like the virus entries?

post-21870-1298850929_thumb.png

Also, in addition to what dh27564 indicates above,

If you want to see if you have any Active threats, please drop down from All to Active. Anything there?

Also, in addition to what dh27564 indicates above,

If you want to see if you have any Active threats, please drop down from All to Active. Anything there?

No, there is nothing there. Thanks Richbuff and dh27564!

However in verifying that nothing was there, I noticed in the Detailed Activity Report where I was going to choose something different than "All Events" that these is a yellow triangle icon labeled "Disabled", and when I click on it it takes me to the Settings; Reports and Storages, where I find nothing disabled.

Also further down in the Detailed Report, there is an entry also with a yellow triangle icon which is probably a separate issue from the Disabled one, but it shows that the GuideMenu application was granted Low Level Disk Access. So I went to Application Control to make sure GuideMenu was a trusted application and I found that while there are "Add, Edit, and Delete" entries at the bottom of the Protected Application window, they are greyed out and for example I can't delete the multiple obsolete entries for several levels of updates of SlySoft programs.

Perhaps is this what is disabled.. the ability to edit my Trusted Applications list?

post-21870-1298855592_thumb.png

Those are two different things:

in the Detailed Activity Report where I was going to choose something different than "All Events" that these is a yellow triangle icon labeled "Disabled", and when I click on it it takes me to the Settings; Reports and Storages, where I find nothing disabled.
That is because: Settings > Reports: Log non-critical events is not enabled.

Application control is available via as seen in attached screenshot:

Those are two different things: That is because: Settings > Reports: Log non-critical events is not enabled.

Application control is available via as seen in attached screenshot:

Thanks Richbuff, I enabled Log non-critical events and changed Corel Guidemeny from Low Restricted to Trusted and that solved those problems.

so basically delete or clear the list and they will never surface again in a scan report as kaspersky has got rid/neutralised the threats on my hard drive. More worried about the trojans and keyloggers as have been victim of fraud in the past

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.