Sign in to follow this  
irajds

Kaspersky Sec. 8.0.5614 for Exchange Installation Error

I am trying to install Kaspersky Sec. 8.0.5614 for Exchange on a brand new Exchange 2010 (Ent) server running on Windows Server 2008 R2 (Ent). Everytime I try to install the app the installer displays the error:

"C:\ks8.0.0.5614_exchangeen.exe The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail"

The applog repeats the following error 6 times everytime I run the installation file:

Log Name: Application

Source: SideBySide

EventID: 59

Logged:2/12/2011 8:15:21 PM

Level:Error

General:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\ks8.0.0.5614_exchangeen.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\ks8.0.0.5614_exchangeen.exe" on line 0.Invalid XML syntax.

I have made sure all the libraries are current (as suggested by Microsoft as EventID 59 is a result of the libraries not being found or inconsistent ?) and all software pre-reqs are met. I also checked this forum but only found one similar article in russian but again with no solution.

ANy help would be much appreciated as the e-mail server is slated to go online next week :(

Hello,

It seems you have an older version of the program installed. It should be uninstalled first.

Could you make a screenshot with the installation log?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.