as in kaspersky 2010 a shortcut could be placed on the desktop for the internet explorer sandbox, can this be done for the 2011 version

of kaspersky KIS, it seems so much easier to have this on the desktop. Thanks!

as in kaspersky 2010 a shortcut could be placed on the desktop for the internet explorer sandbox, can this be done for the 2011 version

of kaspersky KIS, it seems so much easier to have this on the desktop. Thanks!

You can do that: From yr taskbar you can click on I.E and say "Safe run" ( right click )

copy the start menu shortcut for internet explorer and paste it onto the desktop. change the name to Safe Run. then paste the code required from below in the target entry for the shortcut in the shortcut properties dialogue box.

For internet explorer it would be:

32-bit machines -

"C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2011\sbstart.exe" -silent 2 "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

64-bit machines using 32-bit Internet Explorer -

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2011\sbstart.exe" -silent 2 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

64-bit machines using 64-bit Internet Explorer -

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2011\sbstart.exe" -silent 2 "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

Edited by antikythera

You can do that: From yr taskbar you can click on I.E and say "Safe run" ( right click )

I gave that instruction because I thought that whatsup os was XP or VISTA x32 or x64.(In those works) but doesnot work in windows 7.

nobody was disputing your post ibok. the OP asked how to create a shortcut icon. your alternative works just as well.

:ay:

nobody was disputing your post ibok. the OP asked how to create a shortcut icon. your alternative works just as well.

:ay:

:) Thanks

Does anybody know what the "-silent" does in the shortcut target?

I don't have "-silent" in my shortcut target, and it seems to work fine. (I figured this out on my own before I did a search on this forum).

My shortcut target for Firefox in Windows XP, Service Pack 3, 32-bit, looks like this (include the quotes):

"C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2011\sbstart.exe" 2 "C:\Program Files\MOZILLA FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE"

Thanks in advance for your help.

-silent

not sure as I just modified some existing code I saw on the forum for firefox shortcuts. I have tried it without the silent option and it makes no difference on my machine either.

with most applications the command line option would instruct the program to run without displaying a GUI for example. so in theory it was put there to prevent the executable sbstart.exe from displaying any dialogue. whether it is needed still for 2011 sandbox is another matter.

Thank you, antikythera, for your prompt and informative reply.

I will add "-silent" to my shortcut target because your reply indicates a good reason to include it, at least in theory, and you and others on this forum (on different threads) have suggested it.

By the way, in KIS 2010, I thought the number "2" in the shortcut target was a command to clear sandbox files on exit, but clearing files on exit didn't work consistently on my PC. (The "clear" command in KIS 2011 Safe Run for Websites works like a charm.) As you probably know, removing the number "2" in the shortcut target for KIS 2011 causes an "incorrect settings" error message.

Thanks again.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.