stinga

ATTENTION: AutoPatch "D" issues

I've been disabling the Kaspersky add-ins in Outlook for users that have been experiencing issues. Makes no difference to us having the add-ins disabled as we don't use the mail scanning feature so I'm guessing that's equivalent to unregistering the DLL files in the meantime?

I would also like to know a release timeframe for the auto-patch.

Same here - More and more users are complaining of the issue which appears to be sporadic. I have tried all the "fixes" in this post and disabling the plug-in is the only thing that works. :-/

got exact same issue, almost all my users have now reported it

not tried the .dll fix yet, not really practical to update 50 machines across 3 sites manually

hopefully we will get an update soon? or at least acknowledgement that KL that there at least be one!!

We have the same issue, but it's only affecting Outlook 2007 users (all on XP), and only then when they try to send a file as an attachment from within an Office application. I wouldn't mind but we don't have mail anti-virus enabled so why is it installing plug-ins?

Come on Kaspersky, get your act together...the work around posted is not acceptable for a corporate environment.

the same problem here. Come on....

same problem here with the kaspersky outlook add-ins. They cause some clients outlook to crash. Kaspersky please attend to this ongoing issue.

I had to go back and check to see if this patch was even installed on my clients as i have had no issues, I have verified that my clients show as having the "A" and "D" patches installed. I don't use proactive defense on a majority of clients but even those clients that do have it enabled have not had problems. We have also not had any Outlook 2007 issues and this is across over 500 clients.

I know this is not adding anything to the problem, I merely posted it as I find it odd that an issue like this doesn't affect everyone.

Hello all

I think I have same issues....

I use KAV 6.0 Version 6.0.4.1424 a.d

This problem happens about 2 weeks ago.

When I open .exe like digsby.exe, eclipse.exe or another .exe(but not all exe)

Proactive Defense detected that and show message

"Process is trying to redirect data input/output. Probably it is attempt of remote access to your computer (RootShell)"

post-308496-1294796521_thumb.png

I don't know what's wrong with the exe, the .exe is not a virus or something

is there any solution for this problem??

thank you very much for your attention

What a luck that we've deactivated automatical module updates so that we haven't had a D-Day :b_lol1: ...and upgraded to the "D-Patch" yet.

Nevertheless I just want date up our AV-System and test the newest version.

First of all I'm going to upgrade the Administration Kit to 2134. At the moment the easiest part I guess.

But, is there a full upgraded KAV for Workstations available including the D-Patch and D-Patch-Fixes?

Which version is this downloadable file: http://support.kaspersky.com/wks6mp4?level=2

Thanks for every support

Johannes

Hello Kaspersky Support Team,

is there FIX for this Problem? we have this issue sporadic on different Windows 7 and Windows XP Workstations since ~4 - 6 Weeks.

please help us with a automatic fix or update !!!!!!!!

Is there FIX for this Problem in sight ? This problem are 5-6 weeks old !?!?

I think it's too slow response on problem !

I got an information that a fix will be released in the next 2 weeks.

Any update about this?

Kaspersky team take long time for this fix ( error outlook add-in, patch D)

Any update about this?

Kaspersky team take long time for this fix ( error outlook add-in, patch D)

We are also waiting for news about this...

So we have to go around to 400+ workstations and shut them down into safe mode over write the broken mcou.dll with the one you posted.

This isn't even a good fix, it is a very lame response to a very large coding issue.

When is this going to be pushed out? if it is not TOP priority for Kaspersky dev team, it should be.

What is Kaspesky's level of testing patches before releasing a potentially operation affecting patch like this?

Even if you do go around and update all the workstations. If the workstations are still getting update from the Admin Kit, the mcou.dll will eventually being overwritten and the Outlook crashing problem will come back. We experienced that first hand.

Why no kaspersky labs representative give us official answer about patch D problems (the outlook crash and input/output redirect false positive) ????????

We are also waiting for news about this...

Same for us. KL Labs, can you update users with the progress of the development with this.

Is there FIX for this Problem in sight ? This problem are 5-6 weeks old !?!?

I think it's too slow response on problem !

This, along with no communication to the customer, is why we’ve begun evaluating other security products. I work in software development; I understand that issues and bugs arise. However when problems occur as large as the patch “D” issue, there’s no excuse for not communicating. I’ve worked directly with our rep regarding this issue and only when pressing the issue, did local U.S. support take the reigns in creating a quick fix. Unfortunately, the fix (as described throughout this thread) only fixed about 90% of the issues. There just seems to be a great disconnect between Kaspersky and the customer…..

This, along with no communication to the customer, is why we’ve begun evaluating other security products. I work in software development; I understand that issues and bugs arise. However when problems occur as large as the patch “D” issue, there’s no excuse for not communicating. I’ve worked directly with our rep regarding this issue and only when pressing the issue, did local U.S. support take the reigns in creating a quick fix. Unfortunately, the fix (as described throughout this thread) only fixed about 90% of the issues. There just seems to be a great disconnect between Kaspersky and the customer…..

I will add however, Kaspersky is not solely responsible for our pain. We let this patch rip through the company with little testing. So, we share the shame…

I will add however, Kaspersky is not solely responsible for our pain. We let this patch rip through the company with little testing. So, we share the shame…

The issue does not affect all clients with auto-patch D installed. So the testing would of taken quite some time, though still...because of this we will better pilot test these auto-patches in the future. I wonder if KL Labs will do the same.

At the moment there is no solution, but workaround will appear soon

Not impressed with your support on this one. It's been nearly 3 months since the problem was reported at the beginning of this thread, not a good way to treat your customers.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.