Hello,

Don Pelotas you could move the "Microsoft releases spyware" to virus related issues.

The new Microsoft WGA is a spyware but still not detected by KIS who claims of having the highest detection rate!

It is not the discussion of Microsoft related issues but it is "Virus releated issues".

Look, now please do not delete this post!

Let Kaspersky Labs know what the software giant MS is doing.

This topic is definately useful!

Be open-minded and logical Don Pelotas!

Hello,

Don Pelotas you could move the "Microsoft releases spyware" to virus related issues.

The new Microsoft WGA is a spyware but still not detected by KIS who claims of having the highest detection rate!

It is not the discussion of Microsoft related issues but it is "Virus releated issues".

Hmmmm openminded, first of all WGA is not spyware, it's a legal piece of software, so nothing to detect for Kaspersky, unless you also want them to detect Windows XP as spyware, XpSunny...

Hello,

wow

WGA spyware?!!!

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

thats ............ original to say the least.

dude ... hows the weather these days on Mars ?!

Well In someway I guess we can call it spyware as it phones back with info about your windows (we can call it spying :lol: )

Not to rush guys, but I think it is spyware (not 100%, but 90% it is), because it's supposed to send data to Microsoft and dial home every time. However this will be fixed by Mothersoft in the next 10 years :).

I don't believe WGA to be spyware, but there has been some concern about the frequency at which it "phones home". However, this has been addressed in a recent Windows Update. Microsoft even provide instructions on how to remove it.

It phones home every time Windows opens.
It should only now "phone home" once every two weeks, instead of every day.

I would think it is Spyware. There are a couple of utilities to turn it off and turn it back on. But I think Microsoft is not going to go for a fix for it. I think there leaning more the other way and enforcing it more because of pirated software. You can read more here.

Rick

There have been reports of legitimate Windows owners receiving notification their copy isn't genuine. That being the case, more work needs to be done on the tool.

For ALL those who wrote that "WGA is a spyware"

PLS read CAREFULLY all the past treads.

It is NOT SPYWARE but regards to WINDOWS XP not GENUINE!!!!

PLS : Complains or to MS or to the shop that you bought yr machine with preINSTALLED windows or they sell a LOT of machines with the same WIN XP.

Edited by ibok

Hello,

U think SO????NO my friend It is NOT Usefull to move it to the " Virus related issues"PLS inform yourself from last POSTS!!!!!!! :lol:

Water, XpSunny etc.

As i already posted in the thread that was removed, this is not a forum for discussion on the Windows Genuine Advantage tool, it's a forum for users who needs help with their Kaspersky products.