This is the first time I've seen this occur, see image.

Anyone have an idea on what is happening?

Event viewer has shown Explorer.exe crashes, errors with an expansion drive with page file, an unknown application faulting which seems to be related to the explorer crashes.

There is 1 mentioned with stisvc and DCOM, but it doesn't seem to be related in time to the other issues, and also an IPSEC sevice terminated with an unknown authentication.

Side note: My internal USB card reader is having troubles at similar times.

edit: small, fast png sted huge, slow, almost unopenable bmp.

Edited by richbuff

No sorry Whizard,

If there was, they were cleaned, it was chance that I came upon these errors in the device manager.

Nothing is laying around that I can see, I will look more though to see what I can dig out of the event logs

to see if anything was recorded.

Edit: Repair, and even uninstall completely and these 2 items are still showing. I can not uninstall nor disable these 2.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus NDIS Miniport #2

Kaspersky Anti-Virus NDIS Miniport #5

I'll look more, however nothing shows in the event logs, other than an IPSEC issue with the service manager (this has been a regular error for a long time and not something recent) and the disk errors have gone since removing the external drive they referenced. There has been a lot of memory testing, and it seems the sticks are in need of replacement, so I've not ruled out other issues yet.

Also noted though, a program Windows CleanUp is deleting some temp files in one of the Kaspersky caches for updates,

which I've not seen from other cleaners: I've not ruled out adding rules for Kaspersky's folders and whether it also may be involved,

I'll just have to test and see what happens, although most trouble started with the external USB Seagate 1000GB expansion driveI would wager.

Edited by norwegian

After cleaning all NDIS entries in registry to remove the device manager items, a fresh install of KIS produced the following:

An entry in Device Manger, an extension of 1 of the LAN's as a K ndis item though.

On enabling this item, the entry disappeared.

system 1

nvidia nforce ethernet driver 67.8.9.0

The expansion drive had not been plugged in.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.