The screenshots I've seen of the 2010 GUI look really great.

Now...is it posible to upgrade to 2010 uninstalling 2009 but keeping the settings? I have a lot of firewall rules, trusted apps, etc that I'd love to be able to keep.

Cheers

Martin

Not everything will be transfered to 2010 anyway...........so the obvious question is if it is worth it considering that the clean uninstall/install is the best option and do you have that many trusted apps which will not be in the Kaspersky whitelist already..........i personally have 3!

Plus the old saying "if it's not broken....." is also very true with first versions of new software, so nothing wrong with waiting a couple of weeks (or months) ...since there is already a hotfix in beta testing. :)

Not everything will be transfered to 2010 anyway...........so the obvious question is if it is worth it considering that the clean uninstall/install is the best option and do you have that many trusted apps which will not be in the Kaspersky whitelist already..........i personally have 3!

Plus the old saying "if it's not broken....." is also very true with first versions of new software, so nothing wrong with waiting a couple of weeks (or months) ...since there is already a hotfix in beta testing. :)

Many thanks, Don

A clean install, and some reg cleaning is always my preferred way but I'd hate to manually enter trusted apps/dirs and firewall rules again. But yeah, I'll probably wait for a new build. KIS 2009 is working perfectly.

Well saving the 2009 settings to use if you go back to 2009 is a fast way to try 2010 and nothing wrong with that..................however i just seem to remember that you (maybe incorrectly though) like things that just works out of the box and in that context it is better to wait until after the first hotfix or two.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.