• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Долгое сохранение сообщений || Delays while posting (click here to read the full text RU/EN)   09/20/2017

Due to some technical reasons visual delays are possible while message sending. Actually your message is published immediately - just interface works long. In such case, please, do not re-send your message immediately! Press F5 to reload the page and check if your message/topic is published. || По техническим причинам возможно визуально долгое отправление сообщений на форуме. Фактически ваше сообщение публикуется мгновенно - долго отрабатывает графика. В случае подобной ситуации, пожалуйста, сначала обновите страницу (F5) и проверьте, появилось ли ваше сообщение. Не пытайтесь сразу отправить его заново.
zabaka

Should I get rid of Ad-Aware?

I'm currently running Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 and am wondering if I should delete ad-aware pro anniversary edition. My computer is running fine, but I think there could be room for improvement. So.. should I delete ad-aware pro? Or should I keep the extra protection? Sorry if this is the wrong forum to put this under.

Hello,

I have use that about a year ago but going with SAS (Super Antispyware) and then MBAM (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware). I gave up Ad-aware pro Aniv,. altogether when I went with SAS , later used MBAM , then a comdo of them both. Also On KIS settings on settings>threats and exclusions>under threats click on settings>under adware and other programs ticke the only box not ticked "other programs".

I use both SAS and MBAM off and on currently MBAM but both are good part time scanners in addition to using KIS 8.0.0.506. I have the paid version for each but the free version of each works also and either one works good with KIS . You can not really go wrong with either SAS or MBAM. But Ad-Aware pro , I dont ever use anymore, my personal choice(s) others may vary.

B)

Edited by charlesT

I had a similar question a few days ago about the free anniversary version of ad-aware...

It seems the general consensus I have found on the net is to dump it...

MBAM is great... SAS I have not got around to installing yet...

cheers, rod