geekconsortium

Scan stalls when scanning WatsonRC.dat

Kaspersky for Windows Workstations 5.0.225

We noticed that a couple of our workstations never showed a scan being completed even though there was one scheduled. On investigating we found that when the scan came to c:\MSOCache\All Users\microsoft.watson.watsonrc.data\WatsonRC.dat the scan would stall. Clicking "Stop" resulted in the program locking up. Support suggested excluding the directory, which solves the immediate problem, but doesn't seem to be a long term solution. Does anyone have any other ideas about what the problem is.

I'm sure that the real reason is not this file, but the Microsoft Outlook database scanning. Try disabling mailbases scan for the Scan MyComputer task in the Product option dialog.

Actually, excluding the file doesn't seem to work, it is still included for some reason.

Mail database and formats are already excluded in the on-demand scan.

Actually, excluding the file doesn't seem to work, it is still included for some reason.

Mail database and formats are already excluded in the on-demand scan.

Mail database scanning should be explicitly excluded for the FullScan task in the product options dialog (see attachment).

post-27-1139301093.jpg

Please make a trace file for the AV-service and send it to me for analysis. Do the following:

1. Add the following values to the registry: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\2A\Workstation\5.0.0.0\bl]

"TraceLevel"=dword:00000005

"TraceFile"="c:\\_bl.log"

2. Restart the KLBLMAIN service.

3. Start the scanning and wait till it stalls.

4. Erase the registry values and restart the service (to turn tracing off).

5. Send me the file c:\_bl.log.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.