Hello.

I bought Kaspersky in February. 3 licenses for 3 PC's for 3 years. Perfect. However, one of those laptops had to be reformated and now for the life of me I can't remember how I got Kaspersky registered on it. I have this type of number with me...AA1AAAA-A1AAAAA-AAA1AAA-AAA11AA (that is not the real # I have, but this is just to show you the format) However, when I input this number on this page https://activation.kaspersky.com/ I get the message that this is the wrong activation code. How do I get this activated then? I don't have any other number on me that I can find.

I have just opened the Kaspersky on the laptop that is working and it shows under the license part "Commercial for 1 computer." Because it says commercial I have placed this topic in Small and Medium Businesses section. It has a number there like 111A-11111A-00149979.

One other thing. I have saved on the working laptop a key file, named 00149979.key Can I use that on the reformated machine to get it going, or is that only specific to one machine?

Look forward to some help for this great program. Many thanks.

If those are 1 pc licenses then they are for the pc they are installed on. The license activationcode will have 20 digits like this: T1JVS-NNMBD-K1QTN-SUBP8...................not 28! :)

If those are 1 pc licenses then they are for the pc they are installed on. The license activationcode will have 20 digits like this: T1JVS-NNMBD-K1QTN-SUBP8...................not 28! :)

Hmm. Then wherever did I get this 28 digit number from? It is the only number I have recorded! And somehow I used it to register on both machines, 3 in fact, but I can't remember how. Unless I lost the 20 digit number. Are you sure there is no place a 28 alphadigit number is used? Only 20?

Thanks.

Yes...............20, you haven't used a 28 digit to activate an official Kaspersky version. Where did you get it?

Yes...............20, you haven't used a 28 digit to activate an official Kaspersky version. Where did you get it?

Sigh. This just doesn't make sense, when it is working on one of my laptops and WAS working on the last laptop fine until I had to reinstall Windows.

Where did I get it? Sigh. I can hardly recall that either. I know I downloaded it and paid for it from somewhere as it was not a hard copy. That is the reason I don't have any papers or cd covers in front of me and can look at the number. I downloaded it, I remember that. I downloaded it from the Kaspersky site, and stuck that number in.

Another thing. I just went and looked in my records and found a key from the year before. I purchased that key from Tata Indicom in India for an Indian colleage to use on his machine. It is also 28 alphanumeric! And it worked. This doesn't make sense; why did his 28 numbers work?!

Did Kaspersky 7.0 take a 28 digit?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.