Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ToXiCaTiOn.d

Running Kaspersky Scan through MS-DOS

4 posts in this topic

Hey, I have a automation script that runs a virus scan and disk defragment once and a while automatically for me, then it turns off the computer. I had NOD32 run the script through a scan with MS-DOS, I was wondering if Kaspersky had the same option. I need this to work, it's mandatory, if possible I would prefer to run the scan through MS-DOS (command prompt) itself.

Thank you!

hello

please don't make confusions, ms-dos does not = command prompt. almost no modern AVs would run in ms dos, they all are windows applications.

you can make a command line scan with kav, the options are covered in the help file.

that should be the basic command: c:\.....\avp.com SCAN /all

hello

please don't make confusions, ms-dos does not = command prompt. almost no modern AVs would run in ms dos, they all are windows applications.

you can make a command line scan with kav, the options are covered in the help file.

that should be the basic command: c:\.....\avp.com SCAN /all

For the benefits of other users, in the help file (there is a shortcut to the help file in the start menu) there is a section towards the bottom of the index entitled "Working with the application from the command prompt". This has all the info required to perform a dos scan, from a clean boot, for example from a usb boot disk.

Hope this helps!

great, try it, you will get a "This program cannot be run in DOS mode" prompt, and that's it.