SirKnite

New User/New Install Help

I am evaluating KAV 5.0 for windows file servers and workstations. I installed the administration kit on a windows 2003 server and it seems to be working fine. When I look at the domain, the server hosting the admin kit shows the server as green and ok/visible.

It also identified all of the client workstations in the domain. They are all windows 2000 clients. I removed all but one client from the domain list, and created a task to deploy the product which is says that it completed ok. On the workstation I find that the directory was created and the task is running. However, on the admin console on the server it shows that it is critical and the protection tab shows anti-virus application was not installed.

Also very strange but I have enabled email notification and provided the account name and smtp server address but the test doesn't work and I don't receive any emails from any of the events. Outlook Express is able to send an email using the same parameters on the server just fine. In other words the mail server is available to the server.

I also notice that the status on the tasks doesn't seem to be reflective of the current status.

I have been reading the KB's and help files but I can not figure out where to go next to get it working on the client workstation. Also a question: is there supposed to be some sort of application provided on the client so that you can see that KAV is running and up to date? The only thing I see on the client is that the Kerpersky network agent service is running.

I called support but no one answered. I am trying to complete this install and get if working so that I can move forward with the purchase. I plan to install it on several servers and more of the workstations.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Stan

Okay, so there are two steps you want to be doing:

1/ Deploy the Kaspersky Network Agent.

This is a small program that reports the status of Kaspersky apps on the workstation back to the admin kit. It uses port 13000 by default so check you aren't blocking that with firewall applications.

2/ Deploy the Kaspersky Antivirus Application

Once your network agent is working, you can then deploy the Kaspersky Antivirus application itself. Once you have it installed you should be able to see it listed in the Admin Kit under that clients 'Applications' tab.

Thanks Steve,

--

--Okay, so there are two steps you want to be doing:

--1/  Deploy the Kaspersky Network Agent.

Yes, I did get the agent pushed out to the workstation just fine.

--2/ Deploy the Kaspersky Antivirus Application

Okay I understand that this is the next step. However, there doesn't seem to be an applications package available on the server to push out to the workstation. When I look at the romote install tab all that is there is the agent. I don't find any thing in the admin kit to create a workstation package either. So maybe it wasn't downloaded with the rest of the application from the evaluation site? I also notice that when  I go back to your web site to obtain the downloads for the evaluation version (so I could see if I missed downloading the workstation application) I seem to have to sign up again. Would be good to just log into this section.

The problem turned out to be that the workstation application wan not downloaded to the server and an install package for it created. Once that was done it went great from there. One small concern. One of my workstations that was working just fine all of a sudden decided that it would not update the av database. When you run the task you just get an 'error' with no details provided. I uninstalled and re-installed and it is ok for now.

I am running the latest version 5.0.227 and 5.0.1104 for the network agent.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.