Can i back Up Updates of KAV as a precautionary method for corruption or data failures so that if i have Format my disk and when Re-install KAV i dont need Re-update the Database and Program Modules.

Can i back Up Updates of KAV as a precautionary method for corruption or data failures so that if i have Format my disk and when Re-install KAV i dont need Re-update the Database and Program Modules.

I don't think it's really necessary to backup KAV updates or settings. If I upgrade or re-install I'd rather do a clean re install. This gets rid of older or corrupted settings and lets you start fresh. With the 2009 version this is done automatically if you install in express mode. Backing up updates doesn't accomplish anything because new data bases are coming out hourly. The backups are always out dated.

That's true but backing up Updates will mean that i don't have download again the updates released until then which is atleast 15-16MB and takes about 15-20 minutes via my broadband connection.

If u can suggest me any measure please do so. :supercool:

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.