Guys Sorry to bother you but .........

I have tried different discs and slower burning speeds but, the computer is still not recognising blank media , regardless of the software ( I tried it all ) .

I am begining to believe I need a new DVD- Rw drive

However I had this trouble before and reinstalling KIS and Windows SP3 seemed to rectify the issue for a while .

Any Ideas?

Uninstall the drive.

Shutdown PC

Disconnect drive

Start system without drive

Shutdown

Now boot with the drive connected.

Uninstall the drive.

Shutdown PC

Disconnect drive

Start system without drive

Shutdown

Now boot with the drive connected.

Ok no idea how! But talk me through it . 1st thingis first How do I uninstall the drive ?

Ok no idea how! But talk me through it . 1st thingis first How do I uninstall the drive ?

Well Worked it out . I managed to uninstall, disconnect , start up , shut down then reconnected and started up again but still the computer doesnot recognise blank media

hello

which drive is it? what does it say when you put in blank media? also, what media is it, cd dvd, which brand etc?

Its my DVD /CD Drive : HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GWA-4161B

I can play Audio CD'S even audio CD-Rr and DVD's . I have allways used SOny DVD-R's 1x -16x an had seemd to be working fine until recently . When I put it the blank media any burning program just seems to freeze (Not Responding) . When I insert blank media while doulbe clicking the DVD drive icon under my computer it just seems to freeze (not Responding)

does it still freeze if you exit kaspersky prior to putting the cd in?

no it doesnt freeze this time but still does not burn properly

Tried the firmware , was working for a while but I am back to where I was at the start of this topic issue . my computer now no longer reads blank discs , I even re-installed the firmware a second time , still no joy

Any suggestions ? Seems weird that the firmware fixed this issue for a while and the drive stopped working again all of a sudden

Tried the firmware , was working for a while but I am back to where I was at the start of this topic issue . my computer now no longer reads blank discs , I even re-installed the firmware a second time , still no joy

Any suggestions ? Seems weird that the firmware fixed this issue for a while and the drive stopped working again all of a sudden

Buy a new drive. there is no magic to be done here if it's starting to to be iffy with regards to being able to use it one moment and not the next moment............you might try a reformat of the pc.....if you can reinstall after formatting...or even just formatting the HD, then it's something in Windows.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.