Ekwador

How to check who's impacted by updating error ?

Hi,

I have this problem of update. I disabled the updating so now it's ok. My problem... how to detect how many post are infect by this problem. We have maybe more than 1000 machine in our park, so i can't enable the updating and wait for the users call me and tell me "so i'havve this message error..." (i'have just one phone ^^) My question: It is possible to check a ".dll" or ".ppl" on my park, to see the machine who are impact by this error...?

Thank's

Mikael

Hi,

I have this problem of update. I disabled the updating so now it's ok. My problem... how to detect how many post are infect by this problem. We have maybe more than 1000 machine in our park, so i can't enable the updating and wait for the users call me and tell me "so i'havve this message error..." (i'have just one phone ^^) My question: It is possible to check a ".dll" or ".ppl" on my park, to see the machine who are impact by this error...?

Thank's

Mikael

do you use the Admin Kit ?

what I've been doing is just deploying the fix to all machines in the groups regardless of whether they are broken or not and after that (although I've been finding that most of the machines are not updating), I then start a global update task.

its been working for me so far.

on the admin kit, if u look at the events section and then functional failures. Pcs which have been effected will have an event 'update error', and the description will be 'update error: .'

using that method ive narrowed it down a little, but as mentioned, its happening to most eventually

on the admin kit, if u look at the events section and then functional failures. Pcs which have been effected will have an event 'update error', and the description will be 'update error: .'

using that method ive narrowed it down a little, but as mentioned, its happening to most eventually

You can also have the admin server email you when an update error has occured. We only have about 130 Workstations. But it makes it easy narrowing down which one needs the attention. If your not using the Admin Kit I strongly suggest you do.

I need this information as well. Most of our users are using 6.0.2.690 and I installed the 830 patch on 2 of them. As soon as the progress bar reached 100%, explorer.exe and all other processes hung, and a little while later, I got a Windows Error Reporting screen for Kaspersky. I figured I just needed to restart, but after multiple restarts KAV crashes over and over. Was the patch not meant to be used on 6.0.2.690 workstations? Could the FAQ/troubleshooting page be a little more explicit about this? Please put as much information as is available in knowledgebase articles. Users shouldn't have to infer or guess what to do next.

Anyone else with 6.0.2.690 tried the patch? Any issues?

How about create a Computer Query in the Admin Kit?

• In the Computer Queries section, right mouse , select New > New Query
  • Give it a name. Eg. Update issues
  • Click on the new folder, and in the right hand pane right mouse and Properties
  • Switch to Application tab, select Last Update Time, choose From: 21/08/2008 and to: as 27/08/2008, click OK
Should give you the list of PC's and servers that are haven't updated since the problems happened. If you've loaded the patch in to your Admin Kit for deployment, you can select them all, right mouse and Install Application to push out the patch from there.

(Actually just found a bug in the Admin Kit too, it seems to default the OS to Novell Netware on that tab when you return to it to edit it, giving you a blank list)

Edited by Steve Burkett

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.