Matroskin

KAV 4.5.0.94 server + windows 2003 + SP1 = problem

I try to setup KAV 4.5.0.94 server to notebook with windows 2003 + SP1.

Notebook have Turion64 processor.

Without SP1 all is OK. After installation SP1 KAV monitor does not start. I think that the problem is in DEP. But If I disable DEP, I have the same problem.

On another computers all is good (P4-platform).

Can you suggest any solution, patch and so on?

Update to actual Version 5.0.225, running older AV-solutions (even with actual signatures) isn't as good as running the latest Version.

I'll add my warning about running v4.5 on Win 2003. I found that particular Microsoft updates (that patched the kernel) for Win 2003 would consistently fail to install with v4.5 running, and would leave the server without critical files rendering your server unbootable. A right pain when updating your production servers remotely. Disabling real time protection did not solve the problem. The only fix was to either completely uninstall v4.5 before patching, or upgrade to v5.0 which worked well.

Save yourself the hassles, run KAV v5 on Win 2003 machines.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.