Chieftonw

Unable to create new install package

I am trying to create an installation package for 5.0225. I downloaded the installation files and have them uncompressed in a fold. When I try to install it in the KAV Admin kit, as a remote install package, it simply fails with an error telling me that it was unable to create the packge. I am given no other information as to why.

Is there any know problems with creating a remote install package? I had no trouble creating one for my server install, only the workstation failed.

Chief.

PS. I am running an evluation copy of the software, I am not sure if that would matter.

Hi Chieftonw,

i had the same prob different times and only solution was a de-installation of the AdminKit. I also cleaned up the registry all the time - therefore you can use this Tool Kasp_Reg_Remove.zip

I am trying to create an installation package for 5.0225.  I downloaded the installation files and have them uncompressed in a fold.  When I try to install it in the KAV Admin kit, as a remote install package, it simply fails with an error telling me that it was unable to create the packge.  I am given no other information as to why.

Is there any know problems with creating a remote install package?  I had no trouble creating one for my server install, only the workstation failed.

Chief.

PS.  I am running an evluation copy of the software, I am not sure if that would matter.

Hello!

Which version of AdminKit do you use? Where is the shared folder of the AdminKit located? Is it on the computer, where the AdminKit server is installed, or on another computer? Is your AdminKit server service running under LocalSystem account or under some user account? Does this account have access writes to the shared folder? Which version of Windows do you use on the AdminKit server machine?

Best regards,

Andrew Lashchenkov

software developer

I am running 5.0.474 on the server. There is only one server in the network and both the KAV Admin kit and the shares are on the same server. The AdminKit services are running under a domain administrative account account. As such it has complete access to the server and all its shares. The server is running Windows 2003, with SP1.

I don't suppose that there is some sort of log file that I might be able to see what is causing the failure?

Jeff

I am running 5.0.474 on the server.  There is only one server in the network and both the KAV Admin kit and the shares are on the same server.  The AdminKit services are running under a domain administrative account account.  As such it has complete access to the server and all its shares.  The server is running Windows 2003, with SP1.

I don't suppose that there is some sort of log file that I might be able to see what is causing the failure?

Jeff

Hello!

This kind of problem occurs if you rename the computer where AdminKit server is installed. If you did it, please, restore the computer name. If you can't do it in some reasons, please tell us and we shall give you some additional instructions how to try to resolve the problem.

If you did not rename the computer, we need AdminKit server trace file to localize the problem. Here you can read the complete instructions: How to get trace files of the Kaspersky Administration Kit components?

Please send the AdminKit server trace file to me as a personal message.

It is also a good idea to send to me a screenshot of AdminKit consol at the moment when the error occurs.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Andrew Lashchenkov

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.