Voodoodali

[Merged- FIXED] Kaspersky 7 - today's update - blocking certain sites

Is this the file we downloaded ?

Should we replace the original file ?

Or just update the bases? :)

Kilauea

It's enough just to make update ... ( and reboot ... the product will ask to make it .... )

You should not replace the file anymore.

I manually initiated the update. The software updated and asked me to reboot. I cleared my IE7 cache after rebooting just to clear things up. I still cannot get some sites to load. Again, here are some example sites:

http://photo.net/bboard/forum?topic_id=1547

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170-slk-class/ (the header for the site will load, but that is all)

Edited by xvvvz

I manually initiated the update. The software updated and asked me to reboot. I cleared my IE7 cache after rebooting just to clear things up. I still cannot get some sites to load. Again, here are some example sites:

http://photo.net/bboard/forum?topic_id=1547

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170-slk-class/ (the header for the site will load, but that is all)

Was you able to do it before ?

Thank you Foxgen for the info on upcoming fix via updates.

For all the whining I've seen here today all I can say is that with my own experiences with KIS is that it has been by far the fastest and most trouble free anti-malware program I've ever used in over 10 years of heavy web surfing. Sure this latest glitch is no fun but point me to another anti-virus vendor that is as upfront with its customers as Kaspersky. Point me to a message board of another vendor that has trained experts who consistently attempt to help solve your problems in a timely manner. Tip: There is no perfect anti-malware vendor and never will be. I'll stick with Kaspersky.

Edited by bamapete

The last time I was able to do access those sites was yesterday morning before a big update that Kaspersky did.

Another site that is an example of one which will not work:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=car

It will work for the basic homepage but not for any search of Craigslist.

I also have a problem where pages seem to lock up when I switch between tabs in IE7. I will try scrolling with the mouse wheel and it does not respond. A few seconds later, it will give me the delayed response. Sometimes I can switch between tabs without a delay. This is new and started at the same time. It does not happen all the time and seems a bit random. I just mention this in an effort to try to help troubleshoot.

I was not posting from my computer earlier as it became so slow trying to access websites it was virtually unuseable, I was therefore unable to try treplacing the file concerned. I have now got home and switched the PC on, KIS did an auto update and asked me to reboot. I restarted the computer, but was faced with BSOD :( This is not good... I thought oh no, here we go again! I just told Vista to restart as normal again, but this time it started up ok. Although Firefox seemed v.slow starting up, etc, possibly my imagination.

I just tried various websites, they seem to be back up to speed again now.

So exactly what was it that caused the problem for so many people with the update of the 28th May, and what exactly has been fixed. I know it's something connected to the filtration system, but exactly what, and why was that untested update ever pushed out to the update servers in the first place?

Re. what someone said about Nortons product. I agree with everything said. I just can't get my Son to change from it because he's never, ever had any kind of problem at all, he's not technically minded, he just leaves it to do it's stuff in the background, which it has done for many years, and in recent years the resource hog is becoming lighter and lighter on resources. Oh no, there I go too recommending Norton :)

I really don't want to leave KIS (KL are a good company and they don't deserve all this bad publicity), but I like many others, just don't have the time to put up with problems from it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed KIS works ok from now on, I've not tried rebooting again yet though.

Foxgen, thank you very much for listening and for working on this issue... it is appreciated.

Edited by Wonnov Menny

I downloaded the update today and rebooted.

After I did so, I re-checked stealth on Internet in the firewall filtration system settings.

No go. Still unable to open encrypted sites. I unchecked stealth again, and it's working now.

Just to be clear in regard to my last post, if I disable KIS 7 protection, the websites pop right up.

I downloaded the update today and rebooted.

After I did so, I re-checked stealth on Internet in the firewall filtration system settings.

No go. Still unable to open encrypted sites. I unchecked stealth again, and it's working now.

Hmmm ... what about not encrypted sites ?

Just to be clear in regard to my last post, if I disable KIS 7 protection, the websites pop right up.

Sorry about the multiple posts, but the submission window was not closing and I clicked it a few times before giving up, hence the multiple posts.

Edited by xvvvz

Hello !

If you have problems with opening sites, could you do the following :

1. disable self-defence option

2. replace klick.dat in system32\drivers folder

3. reboot.

4. check if the problem remains

P.S. this file is for 32-bin OSes : win2000, WinXP, Vista

This fixed my problem with 3-4 machines. Can you please roll it out in an auto-update?

Thanks!

KIS updated again today with a reboot needed but it didn't solve the problem for me. I can't access this site without disabling stealth mode.:

http://www.ageofmagic.net/

What is weird is that I tried a few sites that people have posted above like http://atlanta.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=car and I was able to access them without disabling stealth mode.

I hope it's going to be completely fixed soon.

KIS updated again today with a reboot needed but it didn't solve the problem for me. I can't access this site without disabling stealth mode.:

http://www.ageofmagic.net/

I know you don't want to hear this, but I just clicked on the above link and it works fine for me with stealth enabled.

Your latest update as messed up Kaspersky. I cannot go into most websites with Kaspersky protection activated. As soon as I disable, internet works fine.

Can you please undo whatever you did? Or let me know how to fix problem? I use Windows XP and have build 7.0.0.125

Your latest update as messed up Kaspersky. I cannot go into most websites with Kaspersky protection activated. As soon as I disable, internet works fine.

Can you please undo whatever you did? Or let me know how to fix problem? I use Windows XP and have build 7.0.0.125

could you please send me back file ckah.set that is located in bases folder ?

( for KAV7 my folder looks like "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP7\Bases\". Yours should be similar ... )

Did you reboot after the last update ?

After manually triggering updates,around 30 minutes ago(and rebooting) I can get the sites listed by xvvz and daisy21, also my previous sites that I could not get and my Southwestair "ding" all work fine,

so it looks like it worked for me.

My workaround for the last day was to just go to an IP anonomizer, (hidemyass.com) etc and enter what site I wanted, it worked fine.

I am VERY happy that Kaspersky has this forum and think they are doing a great job with upfront AND TIMLEY info !!!! Bravo!!!!

no one is perfect and some of the complaints seem premature and overly

harsh.....I remember the 3 hours I spent with Norton all too well ....this is a joy compared to that....

PS I did not have the greyed out icon that some seem to have had, just a problem getting to a couple web sites that I use every day,

other were un affected.

Edited by airgonzo

Just to let you know, today I just had a request to reboot my PC from KIS due to an update.

Done this and I can now get back on all the site's that I couldn't the night before.

Good work all...

Just a little over an hour and Kaspersky updates and tells me to Restart AGAIN.

whats on guys????

too many fixes I guess

Good work

I just update KIS and works flawlessly.everything back to normal. Thanks KIS team

I just ran update manually for a second time. It downloaded some more updates and asked me to once again reboot. After rebooting, the websites that did not work before did work this time. If you are still having problems, I would encourage you to try manually updating one more time. Maybe all of the servers weren't fully updated when I did my first update and download.

After update and enabling stealth in firewall zones everything back to normal. Thanks KIS team

could you please send me back file ckah.set that is located in bases folder ?

( for KAV7 my folder looks like "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP7\Bases\". Yours should be similar ... )

Did you reboot after the last update ?

And now you see, why it is absolutely important to have such a forum! to be on speaking terms. Many beta users spend many hours to test KAV; KIS

and more then once, the result of them was ignored in the next or final version (in some points). Read the Forum and TALK with the beta testers! Iàm sure this situation never happened ... please test such

updates in the future with the beta testers, maybe short tests of one or two days.

anyway, thank you for the fast intervention and good service. I use your product now nearly 10 years and Iàm happy with it!