anguyen

Shared folder admin$ unavailable

Hi,

I'm trying to do a remote install of network agent via Administration Kit, and it works fine for ALL the computers, except for one. I get the following error:

"Shared folder "\\OFF-02\admin$" is unavailable for the specified account(s): off\administrator (Access is denied.) OFF\Administrator (Access is denied.) (Access is denied.) Cannot download the package using network agent because it is not installed on the target host yet."

I tried running net share and it gave me the following output:

admin$ c:\window remote admin

c$ c:\ remote share

ipc$ remote ipc

I also have all firewalls disabled.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Could you access to \\OFF-02\admin$ from the Admininistration Server ? Try using Windows Explorer to see if you can list remote share.

Also check group policy on this computer.

Actually, nevermind, I was able to fix it.

The group policies were correct.

Here's what I did:

1) Opened up the firewall settings, went to exceptions tab, and made sure file and printer sharing was enabled.

2) Added the domain admin to the local machine's "Administrator" group.

And that did the job. Thanks for the help!

Actually, nevermind, I was able to fix it.

The group policies were correct.

Here's what I did:

1) Opened up the firewall settings, went to exceptions tab, and made sure file and printer sharing was enabled.

2) Added the domain admin to the local machine's "Administrator" group.

And that did the job. Thanks for the help!

I am having the same problem, but unsure how to go about following the instructions on how to get this fixed.

I am trying to install the admin kit and keep getting the same error, but not sure how to make these changes you suggested.

Any help would be greatly appreciated to help me get this fixed.

Another cause of this symptom is if Simple File Sharing is turned on for the target machines. SFS forces all remote connections to authenticate as the guest account and thus the administrator account cannot be used.

Another cause of this symptom is if Simple File Sharing is turned on for the target machines. SFS forces all remote connections to authenticate as the guest account and thus the administrator account cannot be used.

Simple file sharing has been disabled. Here is the exact error I am getting:

Failed

Severity: Error

Application: Kaspersky Administration Kit

Version number: 6.0.1710

Task name: Deploy Net Agent

Computer: AYCOCK

Group: MSHOME

Time: Thursday, March 19, 2009 9:01:44 AM

Description: Shared folder "\\AYCOCK\admin$" is unavailable for the specified account(s): administrator (No network provider accepted the given network path.) SHSD\Administrator (No network provider accepted the given network path.) AYCOCK\administrator (No network provider accepted the given network path.) SHSD\administrator (No network provider accepted the given network path.) (No network provider accepted the given network path.) Cannot download the package using network agent because it is not installed on the target host yet.

Please set the domain before the administrator like "domain\admin.." or "workgroup\admin.."

This can help in the most cases.

Also, this error can also happen if the workstation you are pushing the agent via a group task, the settings of which you have left checked the "do not install application if already installed", and the workstation already has the agent.

Typically I would expect a simple "no action" message... but on several workstations I have gotten this error, gone to the workstation, and found the agent installed. I then go back to the admin kit and perform a refresh, and the + appears in the Agent column.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.