Sign in to follow this  
defekt

Policy Enforcement Tab question

Can someone please explain me the feature of the 'Local settings Modification' features and the 'modify now' button in the policy enforcement tab ?!?

btw. i read it all and tested it all but can't see any changes at all :blink:

post-1553-1133424219.jpg

the 1st one is , you choose if you dont want to apply your adminkit policy

the second is to apply the policy that you set in the adminkit

the 3rd one is , if you choose this one .. the policy that applied at the workstation wont be able to change or apply changes (dead lock policy)

and you click modify now ... to modify the policy to your selected local setting modification.

correct me if im wrong guys.

Can someone please explain me the feature of the 'Local settings Modification' features and the 'modify now' button in the policy enforcement tab ?!?

btw. i read it all and tested it all but can't see any changes at all  :blink:

post-1553-1133424219.jpg

Hello

This tab controls how policy settings modify local application settings when policy applies for the client computers for the first time.

1. Option "Do not modify local settings" means that policy don't modify local settings of computer. In other words, when policy is deleted or computer is excluded from the administration group, computer's settings is the same as before policy was created or computer was added to adminisration group.

2. Option "Apply manatory settings to local settings..." means that mandatory (locked) settings in the policy modify local settings of computer. When policy is deleted or computer excluded from the administration group, then computer's local settings remains the same as locked settings defined in the policy (but user is able to modify ones).

3. Last option is the same, as option (2), but in that case all policy settings are applied to local settings of computer. When policy is deleted or computer excluded from the administration group, then computer's local settings remains the same as all settings defined in the policy.

Button "Modify now" applies policy to local settings immediately. By default policy is applied to the local settings only one time (when policy is created or computer is included into group).

This possibility was added because we had requests like this: "I want to set the same initial value for particular settings for all computers in the group, but I also want end-users have the possibility to modify these settings as they wish."

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.