Sign in to follow this  
imjouster

Quick question about Anti-Hacker

Ok, so the last 2 days I've had the same person try to hack into my computer. Right now I've got my anti hacker settings to block the attacking computer for 1 hour. When I look at the network attacks and then move over to the blocked access list it doesn't have the attacking computer on the blocked access list. So are the blocked? or are they actually still able to get through. I would hope that their blocked. Also is there anyway to actually take that computer and permanently block it without changing my settings on how long to block the attacking computer?

One last thing, Back when I used norton there was a neat little thing that when an someone tried to hack your computer, it would automatically give you their IP address and then a link to where the IP address if from (country city etc.). It would also give you an option to report the attacking IP address. Is there any options like this with Kaspersky?

Thanks,

Jeremy

oh, I'm using KIS 7.0.135

Edited by imjouster

They are blocked do not worry. Do you have the specific reason on the blocked tab?

There is no point in that option, since REAL attackers use a stolen account or a Zombie machine. It will do you no good, except maybe the name of the ISP.

But when you get an alert from IDS subsystem it should tell you the reason for blocking :)

Regardless of block time, IDS is part of Anti-Hacker Firewall and will ALWAYS protect you.

Edited by Whizard

Well as long as I'm protected I guess thats the important thing isn't it? Thanks Whiz

Jeremy

You are welcome, if you have further queries do not hesitate to post back! :)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.