g2i2r4

KAV 5.0.225 real-time protection disabled

I have a user on my forum that has downloaded version 5.0.225 for workstations. She has a licence key.

She get's a message realtime protection is disabled. The updates are all there.

Checking the tabs I can't make out what the problem is:

realtime26ah.jpg

Can you help me out, what else can I check?

u can try to check it at the services level wether it is disable or enable. if it is disable, u can try to start it service.

If it is still didnt work, try to check how many license key u have in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\KAV for Workstations\5.0. if u got 2 license key, it maybe use the old one. u can try to remove the expired license key.

I dont know wether it work or not, but u can try it :)

Thank you for replying, I'll check the service setting and the license key files.

I'm open for any other suggestions ;)

i wonder why he/she is using the workstation version of the program... this version is for use in networks with servers and admins that control user machines with the KAV admin kit.

if he/she is an home user the he/she should use the kav personal or the kav personal pro.

Her boss demanded she'd use this one.

What if she's not having the admin kit, is that a problem?

Her boss demanded she'd use this one.

it this case it should be ok...

What if she's not having the admin kit, is that a problem?

generaly there should be no problem if she does not have the admin kit, but by using the admin kit it is possible to lock some of the settings...

i would recomend to check thesettings for the real time protection and also the user tasks settings and the logs... if you provide some more info/screenshots someone can maybe help you with it...

what options does she see when she clicks on the tray icon... there should be an resume option.

If I look at the picture I posted above the realtime protection is fully enabled.

The tray icon however shows 'disabled'.

If I look at the picture I posted above the realtime protection is fully enabled.

The tray icon however shows 'disabled'.

hmm, i belive you should looka t the protection tab and in the logs to see the status of the real time protection.

You mean like this one?

lets first check this things:

1. right mouse click on the K icon in the tray (next to the system time) and see what options we have there

2. check the status in the protection tab. main kav window -> protection tab

3. check logs. main kav window -> protection tab -> view logs

Sorry for the delayed respons :(

The user downloaded that version and tried to apply the license key for the one she originally installed. We uninstalled it completly.

Thanks for helping out. You can close this topic.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.