MikeL

Unwanted Logging

The LOG option for "Password-protected archive detected" is unselected in the Notification Settings for the workstation policy, yet the workstation Event log is filled with "Password-protected archive detected" notifications. How can I remove this type of logging?

Thanks,

Mike

Hello Mike,

Lock your policy then you will be sure this option is applied on client side.

Which build of KAV WKS are you using ?

Regards,

D.

Thanks for the reply. I've double checked everything, and all the policy options seem to be locked down. Any other ideas?

Versions:

Admin Kit - 6.0.1572

Workstation - 6.0.3.837

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by TMike

Hello,

Perhaps this option is locked on server side but to be sure it has been applied you should check locally on impacted workstations.

Also which version of Network Agent have you installed ?

Regards,

D.

Thanks for the quick reply! I checked on one of the workstations that has the issue, and everything in Settings is locked down (greyed out). Is there an option related to the scan task itself that should be disabled so that password protected archive errors aren't stored in the logs?

Network Agent - 6.0.1572

Thanks,

Mike

Check in the properties of your scan task, in the last tab "Notification" you have an option to store event on windows host event log.

This option is disabled by default.

That option is unchecked. "On Administration Server" and "Notify of errors only" are the only items checked. Any other ideas?

Thanks again,

Mike

I just noticed that "Update Completion" and "Enabling/Disabling protection components" aren't checked for logging, yet they all show in the events log too. It's possible there are more, but that's all I've noticed so far. Any idea's on where I can look to stop these logging events?

Thanks,

Mike

TMike,

Does this phenomenon concern one workstation or several workstations ?

In case it's just one, you can try to uninstall KAV WKS using this tool, uninstall Network Agent manually and then reinstall all.

In case it does concern several computers, try to delete and re-create a new policy for KAV WKS.

Also is it a fresh install of Administration Kit 6.0.1572 or is it an upgrade over a previous version ?

Regards,

D.

After posting that last post, I may have found the solution to my problem. Opening up the policy, Events tab, clicking Properties of the item, and deselecting "On Administration Server for (days)". I'll monitor it and see if this is the fix for my issue.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.