Sign in to follow this  
Steve Burkett

Deploying KAV with preconfigured settings

How can I deploy KAV using the Admin Kit with preconfigured settings. At the moment once I have rolled out the client I have to manually tweak the settings (Turn off Show Pop-up messages, Turn off Automatic Scan on Application Startup, etc etc...)

Thanks for any help!

Steve.

How can I deploy KAV using the Admin Kit with preconfigured settings. At the moment once I have rolled out the client I have to manually tweak the settings (Turn off Show Pop-up messages, Turn off Automatic Scan on Application Startup, etc etc...)

Thanks for any help!

Steve.

1) Create administration group for the clients.

2) Create policy in the group with the required settings. Lock settings that should be the same for all the clients.

3) Add new clients to the required administrations group. All locked settings from the policy will be applied to the client's settings automatically.

Sorry, I has few stupid questitions.

I cannot find the setting which can disable or turn off Automatic Scan on Application Startup in the policy.

So, I need to turn off Automatic Scan on Application Startup on each computer.

I wonder who can tell me how do this in easy way.

Also, I've tried to set predefined tasks(Unchek Enable predefined on-demand scans), but it didn't effects any thing.

Someone can explain this will be great?

thanks

Sorry, I has few stupid questitions.

I cannot find the setting which can disable or turn off Automatic Scan on Application Startup in the policy.

Look at FILE tab on POLICY settings and there you can find

settings for Real Time and Automatic Scan :)

Also, I've tried to set predefined tasks(Unchek Enable predefined on-demand scans), but it didn't effects any thing.

Sorry but i didn't understand this.you need some more tasks for scanning or ?

Look at FILE tab on POLICY settings and there you can find

settings for Real Time and Automatic Scan

I still cannot find this setting either the File or On-demand scan tab.

my version is Admin Kit is 5.0409.

I think this setting is about user task.

If here has some policy can really to manager those tasks in Admin Kit will be great.

about predefined tasks, I just want to understand when we need to use this kind of setting.

Right, thought I'd dredge this one up again as the Automatic Scan on Application Startup is still a problem for me and I'm sure many others (such as Chandler).

Firstly though, thanks Kaluga for the outline on what I needed to do with regard to policies!

Okay, so there appears to be no way to disable the Automatic Scan on Application Startup. You have to open each machines tasks list and disable it from there. Srle, there doesn't appear to be an option on the Files tab of Policies to disable this.

I still say this Auto Scan on Startup is pretty darn pointless and reeeeeaally kills the pc whilst it's doing it.

Any thing I'm missing? Anything in the works?

steve , disable predefined on demand task and update task as the image below in your policy. In your case if you dont want kaspersky to perform auto scan on startup (which is predefined on demand scan task) you have to untick in the policy.

Also please check in all the other group under the Groups, if there is any other policy in them.You just need 1 global policy which is in Groups.

Also check the Groups task if you have any task that you schedule to run on startup.

Important : None of this matters if you dont have an agent in you workstation that communicates with the adminkit.

read this topic to help you with network agent

How to use Network Agent

t14hy.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.