nadams

all client updates are FAILING, locking up machines

2all AdminKit->Update Setting. Try to uncheck downloading binary files for kav 6. Then update and reboot. Will the problem remain?

As per previous requests - I need a solution without rebooting, please advise...

All users who uses AdminKit.

Go to Update task settings, in Update list uncheck "DownLoad Updates for all Kaspersky Lab application installed on the network" and then in list below just check "Threat signatures".

IMPORTANCE: Do not check "Binary modules for version 6.0"

Once I update AK & WFS then reboot PC, all seems like okay now.

But b4 I uncheck "Binary modules for version 6.0", it was not update according to the schedule setted.

Still monitoring.

Go to Update task settings, in Update list uncheck "DownLoad Updates for all Kaspersky Lab application installed on the network" and then in list below just check "Threat signatures".

Does not seem to help. Client updates hand at updcfg.xml every time.

Cardinal, once we do that is there anything else we have to do on the workstations or will this take care of it. For example, have to reboot the pc's for the change to take affect.

I tried doing the above and now i get the error "error quering the administration server"

Cardinal, once we do that is there anything else we have to do on the workstations or will this take care of it. For example, have to reboot the pc's for the change to take affect.

You need to reboot workstations.

i pay a lot for medical insurance too, but still get flu sometimes.

i pay a lot for medical insurance too, and still have to pay a high deductible.

2 weeks ago I have started migration from polish version 6.0.2.690 to english 6.0.3.837.

What's different? Only Administration Kit (strange, but true) and all WKS 837 crashed. WKS 690 was not affected with this error.

As previous users, there was no chance to update WKS without computer restart. All workstations have to be restarted.

That version of Administration Kit you use.

If it was to me, KAK is 1.0.1572 (the newest).

But after restart it started correctly, so I can't reply this error now.

Edited by Jacek

First, I want to update my post from earlier this evening:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...st&p=497483

The "fix" I provided worked only until the next update, an hour later, when most workstations failed again to update.

Consequently, I redeployed KWS to all workstations (which requires a workstation reboot) and then ran the workstation update task. Since then, all workstations have been running normally and updating automatically each hour without problem.

I use

• Kaspersky Administration Kit 6.0.1565
  • Kaspersky for Workstations 6.0.3.830

Are there any error in Kaspersky Event Log?

With each workstation update (until I redeployed KWS), the event log shows "Failed" as the result of the "Update Computer" task. However, no description accompanies these errors.

After looking through this topic, I thought I'd share what seems to be working here:

from the admin kit:

create a stop group task (using the net agent)

create an update group task (using the relevant product)

create a start group task (net agent again)

when you run the stop task the user may get an error message, but once the beasty has stopped, you can run the update against it and then run the start task

it seems to be working without a restart - hope this helps someone else too ... good luck! :beer:

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately for me the only way to get the wks to stop is by redeploying the app. The stop task just hangs.

16 hours later, still down, still no official fix/words of encouragement/nothing. Very disappointed in the way this is being handled.

Thanks to all who have taken the time to post here. Since I've got 400 down machines and no help from the vendor, I need all the help I can get :supercool:

Here's what Kaspersky UK are sending out:

On the 13th of December after the update 21:30 Moscow time (GMT +3) users started experiencing issues with a bad update causing Kaspersky to crash. The product hangs during update (often the whole PC hangs), or product hangs when trying to exit it. An update was released at 01:59 a.m. (GMT +3) fixed the problem.

Admin kit just needs to update again, for workstations and servers they will need to follow the instruction below to resolve, if they have been affected.

This solution works for affected Workstations & Servers :

- Disable Self-Defence

- Delete the file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP6\Data\u0607g.xml

- Restart the computer

- Run update

Hope that helps someone, must say the Kaspersky UK support guys are very quick with the responses. :bravo:

After looking through this topic, I thought I'd share what seems to be working here:

from the admin kit:

create a stop group task (using the net agent)

create an update group task (using the relevant product)

create a start group task (net agent again)

when you run the stop task the user may get an error message, but once the beasty has stopped, you can run the update against it and then run the start task

it seems to be working without a restart - hope this helps someone else too ... good luck!

Additionally, I've had to restart the kaspersky network agent on a couple of machines :b_idea:

Admin kit just needs to update again, for workstations and servers they will need to follow the instruction below to resolve, if they have been affected.

This solution works for affected Workstations & Servers :

- Disable Self-Defence

- Delete the file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP6\Data\u0607g.xml

- Restart the computer

- Run update

Hope that helps someone, must say the Kaspersky UK support guys are very quick with the responses. :bravo:

Even after disabling Self-Defense I cannot delete the file u0607g.xml due to a "File in use" error. Had to reboot in safe mode. Waiting for Admin Kit to download updates (deleted them all last night to prevent further damage, put cumulative set in its place, seemed to stop the crashing) Will see how the update goes and post.

Even after disabling Self-Defense I cannot delete the file u0607g.xml due to a "File in use" error. Had to reboot in safe mode. Waiting for Admin Kit to download updates (deleted them all last night to prevent further damage, put cumulative set in its place, seemed to stop the crashing) Will see how the update goes and post.

Used the Kaspersky Labs servers for the update location and still had an update crash! Will try again with Admin Kit once it finishes downloading.

Great, what about 1500 workstations? It's going to be a looooooong friday.

Edited by mpsilva

Great, what about 1500 workstations? It's going to be a looooooong friday.

I feel your pain. Anyone singing praises on Kaspersky today probably has under 25 workstations to deal with.

Is it too late to get a refund on my licenses?

The way I am dealing with critical machines is rebooting them, deploying the latest WKS software again, rebooting the machine again. After that things seem to calm down.

6 down, 394 to go... :cb_punk:

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.