nadams

all client updates are FAILING, locking up machines

Guys: This is a TOTAL MESS.

I've just had to manually uninstall 50+ workstations in one office - the group policy setting I locked in on the server's admin kit to disable the antivirus didn't stop all the workstation errors and crashes. I have four other clients whose offices are in various stages of meltdown over this and my phone hasn't stopped ringing yet.

So, would you PLEASE post step-by-step instructions on a reliable way to just disable KAV6 completely and totally from the admin kit until this issue is resolved. For now, no protection at all is far better than this disaster.

Then once this is resolved and you've had a chance to sort things out, I for one - and I suspect I'm not exactly alone - would like to know why it happened and what new measures you're taking to make sure this NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN.

Steve Duff

Ergodic Systems, Inc.

ok, here is one thing i would like to say. yes, i also did not like this and would prefer such things would not happen but NO by far i don't think this was a disaster. in the end except from the crash of KAV nothing really mayor happened, the system and even KAV would continue to work and the issue was in the end quite quickly and nicely fixed...

i would suggest not to panic in situations like this or you have a great chance to make an real disaster out of nothing.

I can't restart 500+ boxes - some of these are in a live production environment... there should be a fix available which does not require a restart! Please update Kaspersky...

eimichaelh, Please, try to update, when restart WKS

When you say update, you mean

1) Run a update task on the workstation (via admin kit perhaps?)

2) Then restart the workstation?

eimichaelh, Please, try to update, when restart WKS

Rinat,

Thanks for the reply, but I don't think you understand what I said. Many of the servers are running LIVE SERVICES i.e. I cannot reboot them, or else will cause outages to customers.

I have run an update from the Admin Kit, and then forced the AV6 clients to update, but I CANNOT reboot them - please advise how I can rectify this situation...

I think update alone might actually be enough (from my experience) :unsure:

Update, when update is completed - restart Kaspersky.

I've updated the Admin Server and a standalone box, and restarted , but the "previous application launch failed" problem is still occuring and numerous dump files are still being created.

Has a new DAT/update actually been released?

I've updated the Admin Server and a standalone box, and restarted , but the "previous application launch failed" problem is still occuring and numerous dump files are still being created.

that is strange, here is the info of the updated database that works ok for me

published: 13.12.2007 23:46:42

records: 481915

Edited by saso

that is strange, the info of the updated bases that work ok for are

published: 13.12.2007 23:46:42

records: 481915

Interesting, even after updating [from server 80.239.144.76] we are still running:

published: 13.12.2007 18:09:26

records: 481770

Interesting, even after updating [from server 80.239.144.76] we are still running:

published: 13.12.2007 18:09:26

records: 481770

This is terrible.

I got an update to run but not though the the normal update method. I went and downloaded version 6.0.837 installation .EXE and and built a remote install package and installed that way. I was required to restart the system, but everything seems to be working... With one problem. Maybe it's me, I am new to Kaspersky, but it seems that the ability to update on the client interface is gone. I could have something wrong in the policy but it seems as though all my other policy settings have synchronized correctly. Am I missing something??

P.S. I am the Sr. Admin with a small biomedical company. My users are thankfully pretty computer savvy so I don't mind giving them permissions that other admins may hesitate to giving. It would be nice to let my my end users pause an update if they think necessary. How can they still do this??

Hi,

Please try to delete all created dumps on this computer, then update. Will the problem remain?

If yes, can you check update report file and tell what server the updater is trying to update from?

Hello Kaspersky? Is anyone still working on this? We still have issues, even after updating/rebooting to test one of our servers - all other servers are still affected...

Hi,

Please try to delete all created dumps on this computer, then update. Will the problem remain?

If yes, can you check update report file and tell what server the updater is trying to update from?

Hi, I deleted all dumps, updated and the error still occurs.

The server it tries to update from is:

dnl-eu1.kaspersky-labs.com

Is it possible the update has not been pushed to this mirror yet?

400 machines still down here also..

The funny thing is we left CA Etrust because we thought it sucked, and as bad as it did suck, it never EVER brought machines down like this.

:bravo: :bravo:

Thank you for making me waste 3 hours of time tonight and ruin my day off tomorrow.

This is an absolute joke and words can not describe how pissed off I am right now.

I am disappointed.

Everyone at Kaspesky should be fired over this.

I am disappointed.

Everyone at Kaspesky should be fired over this.

That's a little harsh, don't you think?

You of all people (I'm assuming your an Admin) should understand that "things happen" like this. No piece of software/patch/update/software vendor is ever perfect. While I feel that there should be a tad better support/communication on this problem, I'm sure they're working very diligently over there to resolve the issue quickly.

Keep up the good work Kaspersky, we've been with you for 2+ years and have never seen a problem like this happen. I'm still happy.

Kaspersky recently emailed me to stop the current update and allow all future updates to process but how the hell do you stop the current process from running, that's what I've been trying to do all day. Any suggestions?

The problem seems to fixed now on all of my workstations. Here's how I did it:

1. I updated the admin server from Kaspersky. It took a few tries, but eventually a new version was downloaded.

At this point, I attempted to run the workstation update task from admin kit, but it failed on all workstations. So....

2. I rebooted all workstations.

Again, I ran the workstation update task. I noticed that it succeeded this time only on those workstations on which a user was currently logged in. So....

3. I logged into all workstations. I cleared all error messages from the workstations. In some cases, an error message appeared about memory being inaccessible. In all cases, the "previous application launch failed" message appeared.

At this point, each workstation automatically performed a successful update from the admin server, and all seems to be well.

Kaspersky recently emailed me to stop the current update and allow all future updates to process but how the hell do you stop the current process from running, that's what I've been trying to do all day. Any suggestions?

A reboot is all I've been able to do to quit the current update <_<

The problem seems to fixed now on all of my workstations. Here's how I did it:

1. I updated the admin server from Kaspersky. It took a few tries, but eventually a new version was downloaded.

At this point, I attempted to run the workstation update task from admin kit, but it failed on all workstations. So....

2. I rebooted all workstations.

Again, I ran the workstation update task. I noticed that it succeeded this time only on those workstations on which a user was currently logged in. So....

3. I logged into all workstations. I cleared all error messages from the workstations. In some cases, an error message appeared about memory being inaccessible. In all cases, the "previous application launch failed" message appeared.

At this point, each workstation automatically performed a successful update from the admin server, and all seems to be well.

I had 4 or 5 work ok, the rest crapped out and now have to cancel a fishing trip tomorrow on my day off to fix this crap.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.