Sign in to follow this  
Midge

Pop-up blocker nearly as irritating as popups!

Is there any choice in the way the popup blocker in KIS notifies you of popups being blocked? It's almost as annoying as the popups its blocking! Something not as distracting such as the tool tray icon changing wuold be nice!

TIA Midge.

See if this works: Settings-Appearance-Events Notification-Advanced-Popup window blocked: now you can (un)check for Sound, Balloon and Send e-mail. You can also modify notification for about 30 different events of varying importance. This is for KIS 7.0. I can't recall if/how KIS 6.0 handled this item; my short term memory fades out after 30 days.

See if this works: Settings-Appearance-Events Notification-Advanced-Popup window blocked: now you can (un)check for Sound, Balloon and Send e-mail. You can also modify notification for about 30 different events of varying importance. This is for KIS 7.0.  I can't recall if/how KIS 6.0 handled this item; my short term memory fades out after 30 days.

379779[/snapback]

Yes, you can uncheck it there.

Is there any choice in the way the popup blocker in KIS notifies you of popups being blocked? It's almost as annoying as the popups its blocking! Something not as distracting such as the tool tray icon changing wuold be nice!

I have tried ZoneAlarm's privacy, KIS's pop-up stopper and IE7 pop-up stopper. I tested them at this site:

http://www.popupcheck.com/freescan/popup/p...st_standard.asp

KIS reached a score of 85% on my computer and IE7 reached a score of 100% (with KIS's pop-up stopper disbled).

For the rest KIS is an excellent program which I bought last Friday.

I have tried ZoneAlarm's privacy, KIS's pop-up stopper and IE7 pop-up stopper. I tested them at this site:

http://www.popupcheck.com/freescan/popup/p...st_standard.asp

KIS reached a score of 85% on my computer and IE7 reached a score of 100% (with KIS's pop-up stopper disbled).

For the rest KIS is an excellent program which I bought last Friday.

379861[/snapback]

It is about striking the correct balance between blocking popups and retaining website functionality. I think KIS does a good job with most of the popups wink.gif

Thanks for the info everyone. I'm running KIS 6 still.

The settings/appearance screen doesn't look like it has the same flexibility as described for version 7, but I did find a useful workaround in the same place.

Click on option to "Enable Semi Transparent Windows" and move the slider most (or all) of the way to the left hand side. Not as intrusive then!

Cheers, Midge.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.