Jeff-22

Chrome self signed certificate, Cannot guarantee... ... [merged]

Same issue over here

Already checked the following:

-  Extentions/plugins: Edge, Chrome and Explorer

-  Antimalwarebytes

-  Full scan Kaspersky Total security

- Kaspersky cleanup and the other tools in the suite

The real problem is that Kaspersky blocks the connection and states "Program: Google Chrome" but does not provide any other information or context what is the cause of the call... It is not an interactive connection i think...

On the other hand I sincerelly hope that is has nothing to do with Kaspersky configuration of secure connection or sth like that.

PS: I do have two Windows 10 pc's, fully up to data, scanned etc. And both experience the same issues. Sometimes the issues apparently also results in no internet connectivity displayed in Google Chrome.

Hope there is an answer following soon... Probably the cause will be indeed a good reaction/response from Kaspersky on an indeed invalid certificate. But Kaspersky should give more contextual information arround the event.

I can confirm that all I have up in Chrome right now is this Forum website, and my Support ticket in My Kaspersky in another tab.  Even so, I just got four pop-up notifications for the URL displayed in my earlier screenshot.

image.png.aac4490f77d44d1aa5638976b5b01da0.png

It has been five hours since I submitted my ticket via My Kaspersky, and I am still waiting for a response.

I have this issue too.

Can anyone else confirm that you get disconnected from the internet every once in a while too? I've seen this for the computer that has the issue but the connection doesn't affect the wifi so it's not the router.

Hope this gets patched soon!

Edit. Thinking of reverting to a 2018 version...

Edited by howaboutme

8 minutes ago, howaboutme said:

I have this issue too.

Can anyone else confirm that you get disconnected from the internet every once in a while too? I've seen this for the computer that has the issue but the connection doesn't affect the wifi so it's not the router.

I have the same problem.

I still have this problem after updated to the latest version and reboot the PC.

Further more, I also need to reset the winsock to make the network work every day or restart the PC. Otherwise, the DNS won't work while the DNS server is on and could be pinged.

Just registered and came to say... Sorry Kaspersky.  I've been watching this thread for three weeks now and there is no sign of a fix being issued.  As I only have 89 days left on my current subscription and having my network connection completely halted because these notifications keep popping up all day and activating network blocks, I'm more than happy to dump you.  As of the time of writing, your products have been uninstalled from my network.

This level of interruption is unacceptable for this type of product.  The inconclusive workaround posted is a sad attempt to help those affected at the risk of opening an unnecessary and quite public hole in the security layer you're supposed to be providing.  For those still here hoping it will be fixed, you just shouldn't be blindly loyal to something like this.  Disagree if you wish but I don't care.  Best of luck to you.

Since a couple of days i've got the same problem for Google Chrome. I'm using Kaspersky Ant virus.

Please some assistance.

I have this issue too.  And today, it's begun disconnecting my internet as well.  Twice today.  The Kaspersky Internet application freezes up and is non responsive.  The rest of the computer works, and says the internet connection is working, but the Chrome browser does not connect.  I have to reboot the computer just to get back on-line.  I use my computer for work, and don't have time for this crap.

And I don't only have a chromecast, but a google home and a google mini also.  I'm not giving them up because my security software can't cope.  That's beyond unacceptable.  Since no solution seems forthcoming, I'm having to create one of my own, which is uninstalling Kaspersky Internet Security, and replacing it with a 30 day trial of BitDefender, on my two primary computers, just so I can function.  If this isn't solved soon, I'll be moving the rest of my 8 computers and devices over to something else as well.

10 hours ago, howaboutme said:

I have this issue too.

Yes, total disconnect seems to be from when waking the system from sleep. It doesn't happen all the time, but the ONLY way to reconnect is to reboot. Getting really bored of this now. Come on Kaspersky, at least tell us that you're working on it!

Almost put my PC in to get the WIFI connect checked. Only stumbled upon this thread by Googling (ironic) issues with Chrome. Have tried all non dodgy (refuse to use the inadequate workaround) suggestions. Thanks to all who have contributed BTW. I have started looking at Bitdefender. I am particularly angry because I have just resubscribed to Kaspersky and have 613 days remaining. I can't and won't put up with this for too much longer. I have not raised a fault as it would seem to be pointless going by the comments. This shouldn't be a big issue. I prefer Chrome as my default browser. What is particularly concerning is the lack of response/updates from Kaspersky. I would have expected a daily update in this forum, and an email informing of the issue.

I've received a response (below) from Kaspersky support. The good news is that they are aware and it looks like they're working on a fix, but the short-term workarounds are unchanged:

In the latest versions of Chrome, the option to 'cast' your current browsing to a Chromecast device has been added. There is no setting to disable this. It seems that there is an issue with encrypted connection scanning of the Chromecast certificate, hence the notification.
Kaspersky lab developers are working on improving this
behavior with the new version of Chrome. In the meantime we have two suggestions. 

A. Click on 'Continue' on the 'Cannot guarantee authenticity' notification.

Or

B. Disable encrypted connection scanning for the specific network port that is used for 'casting' to a device. Before you proceed with this step please make sure that Chrome is running.

1. Open the Kaspersky main window. If the main window of Kaspersky application is not on your desktop, bring it up by double-clicking the Kaspersky desktop shortcut (icon) or by
double clicking on the Kaspersky icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
2. Click on 'More Tools' -> 'My Network' -> 'Network Monitor'.
3. Click on 'Port' to sort the list by network port. Find port 8009 and take note of the 'External IP address' specified.
4. Click on the Gear icon in the bottom left corner of the Kaspersky window.
5. On the left
side menu select 'Additional'.
6. On the right side menu select 'Threats and Exclusions'.
7. Under 'Exclusions' click on 'Specify trusted applications'.
8. Click 'Add', in the list of programs find, select Chrome and click on 'Next'.
9. Check option 'Do not scan all traffic', click on it to change to 'Do not scan encrypted traffic', check
option 'Only for specified IP address:' and add the IP address from step 3 and 'Only for specified ports:' and add port 8009
8. Set 'Status' to 'Active' and click on 'Add'.

Both of the above workarounds are safe to use. I will keep your request open and get back to you as soon as I receive confirmation that the issue has been resolved.

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, cyberspaceman said:

I've received a response (below) from Kaspersky support. The good news is that they are aware and it looks like they're working on a fix, but the short-term workarounds are unchanged.

"In the latest versions of Chrome, the option to 'cast' your current browsing to a Chromecast device has been added. There is no setting to disable this. It seems that there is an issue with encrypted connection scanning of the Chromecast certificate, hence the notification.
Kaspersky lab developers are working on improving this behavior with the new version of Chrome
." 

Hey cyberspaceman,

Did the Kaspersky support Lab provide an incident ref #? If so please post.

Cheers!

Edited by K-SNAFU

In Google Chrome: has anyone tried activating "Developer mode" when the errors are happening & capturing those logs?

The response that I received to my support ticket was to first track Chromecast (which I don't have/use), and then to "Ignore" the Encrypted Connections scan.  This did not change a thing with respect to my specific "Invalid Certificate" issues that are occurring in both Win 10 and Win 7, but I am posting that information here in case it might help someone else:

Open Kaspersky.
Click on the gear icon in the lower left.
Click on Additional on the left.
Click on Network on the right.
Under 'Encrypted connections scanning' there is an option that says 'On errors during encrypted connections scan:' followed by a drop-down menu.
Click the drop down menu and select 'Ignore' from the menu.
**Note: All this steps will stop the pop-up from appearing. The product will now automatically terminate the connection to the website or application where the error occurred.

In the meantime, I have created log files and have uploaded them to support.  I guess we will see where things go from here.

42 minutes ago, Ensign Garak said:

I have created log files and have uploaded them to support. 

Hey Ensign Garak,

I don't use ChromeCast either, I was hoping there might be some in the affected community who've captured their web browser logs, while the issue is happening. Are those the logs "I have created log files & uploaded them to support" you're referring to?

Cheers.

27 minutes ago, K-SNAFU said:

Hey Ensign Garak,

I don't use ChromeCast either, I was hoping there might be some in the affected community who've captured their web browser logs, while the issue is happening. Are those the logs "I have created log files & uploaded them to support" you're referring to?

Cheers.

Apologies if I've got this wrong, but the way I read  it, the issue is not with Chromecast devices, rather, it is the cast functionality baked into Chrome by Google which isn't playing nicely with Kaspersky

21 minutes ago, cyberspaceman said:

it is the cast functionality baked into Chrome by Google which isn't playing nicely with Kaspersky

Hey  cyberspaceman 

No aplogies necessary, at this stage, given we're only being offered "workarounds" all opinions, suggestions, information is valuable, besides, that's what a forum (designated space for public expression) is for!

& that's why (I was thinking) it'd be handy if there were a bunch of browser logs to interrogate.

Edited by K-SNAFU

After applying the suggested exclusion for Chrome, My TomTom update which normally auto boots  on PC start up came up with a similar error to the previous one (but not the same). I deleted the TomToM program as I don't use it anyway. Just thought this info may be useful to someone who is more tech savvy. Maybe it was using the same port 8009 (but with a different IP address) ??

Edited by xasperations

31 minutes ago, xasperations said:

After applying the suggested exclusion for Chrome, My TomTom update which normally auto boots  on PC start up came up with a similar error to the previous one (but not the same)

Hey xasperations,

What was the error please?

Cheers!

Edited by K-SNAFU

According to my Kaspersky history "SSL Connection with Invalid Certificate Detected" then  "this certificate or the certificate chain is built on an untrusted root center" for Tomtom Mydrive Connect . No Chrome issues since 8009/192.168.20.11 "bypass", as detailed above either.

1 hour ago, xasperations said:

"My Kaspersky history "SSL Connection with Invalid Certificate Detected" then  "this certificate or the certificate chain is built on an untrusted root center" for Tomtom Mydrive Connect.

Thanks xasperations,

Cheers!

It seems linked with a new feauture of Chrome. I solved the problem by opening the page in Chrome: chrome://flags/ and then in the available tab I set "Connect to cast devices on all IP addresses" to disabled.

Connect.thumb.jpg.ba0a1867efb981fda2846d72a30cf0ff.jpg

OK, so I know nothing about Chrome and nothing about AV but I took at look at Chrome and found this

1) Go here chrome://flags/#load-media-router-component-extension

2) Set this attribute to disable - Connect to Cast devices on all IP addresses (EDITED: wrong one --> correct one)

3) Click Relaunch Now

That worked for me. At least, this is the first time in two weeks I've left my PC for more than half an hour without a dozen of these things appearing

Edited by Si

They have had long enough to fix this now, bit of a joke considering how many people pay for this software.

1 hour ago, cyber mario said:

It seems linked with a new feauture of Chrome. I solved the problem by opening the page in Chrome: chrome://flags/ and then in the available tab I set "Connect to cast devices on all IP addresses" to disabled.

Connect.thumb.jpg.ba0a1867efb981fda2846d72a30cf0ff.jpg

After a while the problem pop up again. Sorry.