bedgar4

cannot guarantee authenticity of the domain to which encrypted connection is established google chrome [merged]

Why would Google Chrome not have an authentic certificate? This pop-up is driving me crazy. I refuse to chose "Do not  scan encrypted connections" option and reduce my protection. There MUST be a solution to this headache. I am using Kaspersky Total Security version

19.0.0.1088(d) with Windows 10 up-to-date as of Feb 9, 2019.

I am having the exact same problem. I contacted support and they said to set the scanning errors to "ignore"....and the pop ups would go away. NOPE still happening.

This needs to be fixed and perhaps passed on to someone who is capable of figuring out the problem. 

Unacceptable. 

2 hours ago, bedgar4 said:

I refuse to chose "Do not  scan encrypted connections

if you distrust the above fix : Try these ones : On chrome remove

"Privacy badger" worked out for some users - also Google up this query

"Cannot guarantee authenticity of the domain to which encrypted connections is established"

on the results you'll find the kaspersky fixes, but also click the site "xtremerain.com" it offers

the - Do not scan encrypted connection and the import certificate method -  Try them on

1 hour ago, Pawsblue said:

and the pop ups would go away. NOPE still happening.

click the options [Disconnect or Continue] Separated on the Pop up..

if fails..then apply the Default fix : open your KTS  MainPage >> Settings 

and click on Additional >> Network >> on Network settings - Check

[✔] Do not scan encrypted connections : Do 2 Pc Restarts and wait

couple days, then Uncheck "Do not scan encrypted connections"

and check again "Always scan encrypted connections" keep an eye

if the Popup stopped : if not try the fix above for Bedgar4 

I feel your pain.  I am having this problem too and I have tried all kinds of things to clear it and nothing is working. 

@Gingy In addition to above comments from indio , can you please provide a screenshot

Hello, I have been getting this for the last 4-day every time I start Google Chrome and I really don't now witch domain the software is talking about!

Capture.PNG

11.02.2019 16.44.01;SSL connection with invalid certificate detected;2889af9d-5e30-b3b1-5a73-01a163d5213e;2889af9d-5e30-b3b1-5a73-01a163d5213e;Self-signed certificate;Google Chrome;02/11/2019 16:44:01

and this is the log for the last 7 days I really don't know what to do.

certificate.txt

Edited by GKAB

:)To bedgard : Supposedly was Gingy at whom - the Moderator above asked to

send a screenshot of the "Cannot guarantee authenticity of the domain to which...."

But thanks anyway. if you could Resend it using this tool, will be better : How to take

screenshots - Link : https://support.kaspersky.com/492  : << @Gingy you can use it too

Error message. You were offered a solution, have you tried on. The link to

import certificate :  - https://www.xtremerain.com/fix-authenticity-domain-kaspersky

Retype it without the  - Dash to open it and follow steps.. Hope it help you.?

Whoops! didn't want to include this link for restrictions, but when I sent the post get active

Edited by i n d i o

Welcome : Let me tell you this is the most popular bug on kaspersky products .Temporary fixes

and causes found here on the below link : Click on the Bolding topic title and help yourself..

I have been having the same issue ( authenticity of encrypted connection)  for over a week now... usually, when returning to my computer, i see the popup ( which is frozen) and my internet connection is lost. I need to reboot to fix... so I'm rebooting many times per day.  NOt acceptable

I visited Kaspersky on FB and they advised:

"Yes, we know about this issue and developers working on a solution. Like workaround we can advice to disable secure connection scanning. Please, open Kaspersky app - Settings - Additional - Network - Check Do not scan encrypted connection."

This workaround disables functionality of Total Security, such as mail, anti-spam, safe money, URL advisor, parental control, private browsing, web antivirus,  and anti banner...   WOW, what is  left

This started at
same time I was getting popups regarding the scanning of the webcam that was locked and was advised to disable that function also.

Here's how I solved this problem: One of the suggestions that I saw in a different form to fix this problemwas to remove the Privacy Badger extension on Chrome, so I went to my Chrome extensions to see if I had installed that extension. checked my Chrome extensions and I did not have that one installed, but while looking over the other Extensions I noticed that I did have the Kaspersky Protection extension installed--but it was not switched on. I flipped the toggle on to enable the extension, and then when I launched Chrome, the error message "cannot guarantee authenticity of the domain to which encrypted connection is established" completely disappeared. I've been playing around with Chrome, going to various sites (encrypted and not), and I also re-installed the extension that I'd originally suspected had had something to do with the problem before I found it was one that others had experienced. I'm no longer getting this pop-up message from Kaspersky in Chrome.

My issue has been resolved.

I requested technical support from Kaspersky, received a case number and the following recommendation:

Open Kaspersky.
Click on the gear icon in the lower left (settings).
Click on Additional on the left.
Click on Network on the right.
Under 'Encrypted connections scanning' there is an option that says 'On errors during encrypted connections scan:' followed by a drop-down menu.
Click the drop down menu and select 'Ignore' from the menu.
**Note: All this does is stop the pop-up from appearing. The product will now automatically terminate the connection to the website or application where the error occurred.

If the issue persists, kindly follow the steps below for you to connect to our Remote Access team for us to gather GSI reports.
Kindly follow the steps below for you to connect to our remote access team.

1.) Open a browser and access: kas.pr/cfr and enter your name.
2.) As soon as you accept the remote access connection, you will receive a message explaining the End-User License Agreement (EULA).
3.) Accept the End User License Agreement.
4.) Run the software. Click “Run”.

I already had "Ignore" in the drop down menu as mentioned above. So I went to the remote access line as describe above. The technician made a change the "Threats and exclusions". (Open Kaspersky and chose: settings - additional - Threats and exclusions - Specify trusted applications - Add. He added Added C:\program files (X86)\google\chrome\application\chrome.exe. Under Exclusions for the application he checked "Do not scan all traffic", "Only for specified addresses", and "Only for specified ports".  The specified address in my case was for my stereo receiver(???) and the specified ports were 8008-8009. He also checked "Active" on the same page.

All this was done (silently) by remote on a chat line so I was not quick enough to inquire as to why he chose those specific exclusions. 

On 2/18/2019 at 10:01 AM, bedgar4 said:

My issue has been resolved.

I requested technical support from Kaspersky, received a case number and the following recommendation..... ...  ...

Hey bedgar4,

Great the "fix" works for you! 

Re [why he chose those specific exclusions] those are "workaround" suggestions provided by Mefodys , Technical Support Engineer.

The bug #3214641 (fix) that was announced is apparently still being worked on.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, K-SNAFU said:

Re [why he chose those specific exclusions]

A global exclusion is beyond the target and not necessary.

22 hours ago, Teke said:

Here's how I solved this problem: One of the suggestions that I saw in a different form to fix this problemwas to remove the Privacy Badger extension on Chrome, so I went to my Chrome extensions to see if I had installed that extension. checked my Chrome extensions and I did not have that one installed, but while looking over the other Extensions I noticed that I did have the Kaspersky Protection extension installed--but it was not switched on. I flipped the toggle on to enable the extension, and then when I launched Chrome, the error message "cannot guarantee authenticity of the domain to which encrypted connection is established" completely disappeared. I've been playing around with Chrome, going to various sites (encrypted and not), and I also re-installed the extension that I'd originally suspected had had something to do with the problem before I found it was one that others had experienced. I'm no longer getting this pop-up message from Kaspersky in Chrome.

This fix worked for me! Thank you!

Turning off "usage and error reporting to Google" along with a reboot for my 2 Chromecast devices is what worked for me. Since there were people in the other thread [about this issue] that don't have Chromecast devices, I decided to check my Chrome settings and turn off usage and error reporting for the Chrome Browser as well. When I went in it was already turned off so I toggled it on just to see what happened. As soon as I toggled it on a link appeared to relaunch chrome, when I clicked the link and chrome relaunched I immediately got the "self signed certificate warning." I went back in and turned usage and error reporting off, relaunched Chrome again and then rebooted my computer. Problem solved... I haven't had any "self signed certificate warnings" for over 24 hours.

I am getting multiple "Cannot guarantee authenticity of the domain to which encrypted connection is established" messages when using Chrome. The URLs are hex IDs such as 9821d277-2155-09a0-3dfa-5d6dc7b5a701. The reason is 'self-signed certificate'. This just started about a week ago. How can I fix it?

Thanks

D.

I am getting this error too "Chrome self signed certificate, Cannot guarantee" .

I have applied the fix that Users have put up but by doing this, it then disables Safe Money which is one of the main reasons I have Kaspersky - to do banking in Safe mode.....

What do I do ??? I have had Kaspersky for over a decade and this error only came up when I installed K on a new HP laptop....  super frustrating & defeats the purpose of buying Kaspersky.

Hey Fids, 

It's not a "fix", it's a workaround, see posts from Mefodys:

Pages 1 thru to 9 [ https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/408030-chrome-self-signed-certificate-cannot-guarantee-merged/& ][ https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/408030-chrome-self-signed-certificate-cannot-guarantee-merged/&page=9]

"disables Safe Money", it does.

"defeats the purpose of using Kaspersky software", it does.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thur, 21/02/19 17:19,  Kaspersky Lab technical support, 

Status of BR#3214641

"we are still waiting to fix this Bug, it is still in pending."

unquote

2 hours ago, K-SNAFU said:

This doesn't apply for all cases.

On 2/21/2019 at 7:27 AM, K-SNAFU said:

Hey Fids, 

It's not a "fix", it's a workaround, see posts from Mefodys:

Pages 1 thru to 9 [ https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/408030-chrome-self-signed-certificate-cannot-guarantee-merged/& ][ https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/408030-chrome-self-signed-certificate-cannot-guarantee-merged/&page=9]

"defeats the purpose of using Kaspersky software", it does.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thur, 21/02/19 17:19,  Kaspersky Lab technical support, 

Status of BR#3214641

"we are still waiting to fix this Bug, it is still in pending."

unquote

awesome - thank you.

On 2/11/2019 at 8:19 AM, GKAB said:

Hello, I have been getting this for the last 4-day every time I start Google Chrome and I really don't now witch domain the software is talking about!

and this is the log for the last 7 days I really don't know what to do.

certificate.txt

I'm having the same problem the URL is always this one: b21da217-2687-5765-b960-aeb3bc80a98a. I hit disconnect and nothing I can see is affected. It usually takes three disconnects and then doesn't repeat for q couple of hors

What's going on? 

Welcome. Please see above suggestions.