On one of my systems, KIS tries sometimes to load twice. There will be two icons in the notification area of Windows - one is the normal, active KIS icon and the second is a "grayed out" KIS icon showing that KIS is "starting" (and it just stays that way). I can exit the running app, but cannot close the faulty icon. When I try to end the process with Task Manager it fails, saying "The process could not be completed, access denied." Usually a reboot will solve the problem, but this has happened several times now - and only on this one system.

That looks like an application crash. 

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the third (3rd) pinned topic. 

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message. 

In addition to what richbuff has said, did you do a clean install of the software, or did you install over the top of the last version?

This has happened to me as well years ago,  try this, remove the software completely off your PC's and make sure that you download the latest version of KIS and re install it.  I have personally found that since 2019 version the big has stopped.  So far.

Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled on three systems. On each of them, the app appears to load twice (not on every boot, but frequently). There are two KIS icons in the notification area and avpui.exe appears twice in Task Manager. If I exit  the app (by exiting one of the icons in the notification area), both apps close. If I then reload it, it only loads once.

This issue still occurs. I have several licenses and it happens on ALL of the computers, but only occasionally. KIS will seem to try to load twice and there will be two icons in the notification area of the system tray (one of them is "dim" or almost "greyed out", but in Task Manger the process appears twice. I cannot close either icon from Task Manager, and if I exit the program only the "active" icon closes. When I reload the app, there are still two icons. The only solution is to restart the computer.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but the issue remains. I've attached a screenshot showing the "ghost" icon to the left of the active icon.KIS.jpg.2e2224b7141cf1133579e6c202a87872.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Sorry - must be old age creeping up. I sent the report to tech support. Sorry for the posts.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.