nomeames

Kid using Android "Guest mode" to override controls

I found out today that my son (7 years) somehow found a way to bypass the controls by going onto the guest mode from home screen. Of course he can't access the guest account via settings but he double clicks the user icon on home page which then expands into three buttons - "Current <user>", "<Guest>" and "Add user". He simply clicks on "Guest" to bypass restrictions on current user account.

Previously I had similar issue with two user mode where I set one account for myself and added my son as restricted user. Safe kids was getting all confused and simply didnt work at all. Kaspersky support confirmed that Safe kids won;t work in multi user mode so the only option left for me was to have a single account which I did but it seems there is a workaround for that too.

I know guest user can be disabled by rooting the device but I am not too keen going down that route.

Hi nomeames - Got yourself a cool nick isn't it..?

well let Me tell you scrolling Up & Down found this question 

with 0 = Answers and honestly I don't have -1 :  All what I can

comment is that if Tech support admit the Multi user acct won't

work : Your choice is root the device or search on Google play Store

you might found an app - With that wanted feature and Bye from indio

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.