kav83

Server CPU spikes

Hello

Are there any recommended "real time" settings for KAV Security 10.1 for Windows server. The reason I ask is we have been noticing server CPU spikes that last for 1 to 2 hours during the day.

Thanks

38 минут назад, kav83 сказал:

Hello

Are there any recommended "real time" settings for KAV Security 10.1 for Windows server. The reason I ask is we have been noticing server CPU spikes that last for 1 to 2 hours during the day.

Thanks

Hello!

Please provide us the export of active policy or product settings.

Thank you!

Hi,

Thank you for that info!

Could you please describe with more details CPU spikes? Are these spikes related to scan tasks? 

Thank you!

Hello

It is hard to explain. For example, on one our servers which this one happens to be a print server it seems like 2 or 3 times a day the CPU will go over 90% for about an hour. Then it is fine for the rest of the day. In the real time settings would it be better to set the "objects protection mode" to Smart mode? Also, do you think putting the heuristic analyzer to "light" would help this?

Thanks

Hello

Currently Anti-Cryptor, Application Launch Control, Real-Time File Protection and Untrusted Hosts Blocking are running.

Thanks

Hello

Not that I am aware of. I have a manual scan scheduled for evenings but that is done before the day starts. The next time I see the spike alert I will check.

Does the policy export I gave you look OK? Do you think I should lower the heuristics setting and and use "smart mode" instead of "on access and modification" in the policy?

Hello!

First of all we need to see the activity at the time th spike comes up. 

After this we can give recommendations. 

Thanks!

Hello

Here is a screenshot of what is going on when the CPU goes to 100%

KAVCPU.png

Hello

Admin server 10.5.1781

Kaspersky Security 10.1 for Windows Server (10.1.0.622)

Kaspersky Security Center 10 Network Agent (10.5.1781)

Thank you

Hello

Anti-Cryptor, Application Launch Control, Real-Time File Protection and Untrusted Hosts Blocking are running as KAV tasks on that server. I did check our other servers and they just have Real-Time File Protection running. Them servers are running fine.

I did test something, when that server was pegged at 100% CPU I stopped the "Untrusted Hosts Blocking" on that server and the CPU went down to 30% which is more normal.

Thanks

Kav83

В ‎11‎.‎01‎.‎2019 в 01:22, kav83 сказал:

Anti-Cryptor, Application Launch Control, Real-Time File Protection and Untrusted Hosts Blocking are running as KAV tasks on that server. I did check our other servers and they just have Real-Time File Protection running. Them servers are running fine. 

I did test something, when that server was pegged at 100% CPU I stopped the "Untrusted Hosts Blocking" on that server and the CPU went down to 30% which is more normal.

Hello,

If you have the Untrusted Hosts Blocking task running, then:

a) you most probably upgraded your existing KSWS 10.0 installation

b) you don't have any patches installed for KSWS 10.1.

Please install this patch and let us know if it helps or not:

https://support.kaspersky.com/14306

Hello

Do you know if this patch requires a reboot? Just don't want to run the patch finding out the server reboots.

Thanks

15 часов назад, kav83 сказал:

Hello

Do you know if this patch requires a reboot? Just don't want to run the patch finding out the server reboots.

Thanks

No, it doesn't require a reboot. And even if for some reason you'll see that it requires a reboot after its installation (there's a very small chance that it will happen), you can ignore this requirement - everything will work without a reboot.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.