dpeters11

FDE issue on older system

An older system recently came back into the fold, unfortunately it's on KES 10 SP1 MR1, which I know is no longer supported.

It was encrypted with FDE, and I'm trying to decrypt it to get it on the current version of AV. In my console, and in the client itself, it looks like it successfully decrypted. However the preboot login screen is still present, and so the AES agent etc won't uninstall, as it's still saying it's encrypted.

I tried re-encrypting it by putting it in a group I have with an encryption policy for that version, and while it says the policy was applied, under encryption status, it still says no encryption police specified.

Other than reimaging the machine, what options do I have?

Hello. 

Unfortunately support for your KES version was discontinued. 

Your best option would be to decrypt hard drive using another KES protected workstation (https://help.kaspersky.com/KESWin/10SP2/en-US/123297.htm) and copy all necessary data in a safe location. After you finish this operation, you may try to boot from this previously encrypted drive and uninstall KES using "Programs and features" in Microsoft control panel. If this would not help, clear drive and deploy new copy of operating system.