groupwhere

Unable to remove KES 10 SP1 from Windows Storage Server

I recently started this position and need to remove this remaining installation.  We no longer use Kaspersky.

I first tried to remove using control panel.  The server locked me out to the point of having to hard reset.  I was unable to start task manager, regedit, etc.  Next, I used the latest KAVRemover tool, which found the install.  Again, the server locked me out and I had to hard reboot.  Now, the program no longer shows in control panel but two services persist and the content of C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows SP1 appears to be intact.  The services do not start but I get access denied when I try to set them to disabled, etc.  I am also unable to edit settings for them in the registry.  I have full admin rights and so could set the registry permissions.

The remaining services (which do not start) are Kaspersky Endpoint Security Service and Kaspersky Seamless Update Service.

Basically, I wonder if there is a procedure available for a complete manual removal of this product.

Hello. 

There is no procedure for manual removal of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10SP1. 

Have you had a Kaspersky Security Center in your network ?

Maybe you had a password for local management ? 

How this system was managed before ?

I assume there was a server but it's long gone.  This server was forgotten and is the only remnant of the install afaik.

In such case, if you have no access to KSC server and got no password for local operations your only option might be complete re-installation of your operating system.

We're more likely to wait until retirement than to go that far.  If it weren't a workplace install I'm sure I could RegFu(tm) it.  Thanks, anyway.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.