HD

Network Agent Service not running

Dear Support,

There is an issue on like 300+ devices are gone out of control, after being done with all the troubleshooting i noticed on every devices that Network Agent service is not running, and after manually starting it, the device comes alive and start functioning normally. But the issue is that i cant do this same method on all 300+ devices, is there any method to force start Network Agent services on all these client devices from KSC ?? Also kindly tell me that KSC is listening on port 13000 from client device but not on port 14000 (as its mentioned in pre-requisite ports these 2 ports are important). But all properly functioning devices are working fine without port 14000. So does port 14000 has any importance ? Kindly guide. Thanks 

2 часа назад, HD сказал:

Dear Support,

There is an issue on like 300+ devices are gone out of control, after being done with all the troubleshooting i noticed on every devices that Network Agent service is not running, and after manually starting it, the device comes alive and start functioning normally. But the issue is that i cant do this same method on all 300+ devices, is there any method to force start Network Agent services on all these client devices from KSC ?? Also kindly tell me that KSC is listening on port 13000 from client device but not on port 14000 (as its mentioned in pre-requisite ports these 2 ports are important). But all properly functioning devices are working fine without port 14000. So does port 14000 has any importance ? Kindly guide. Thanks 

Hello!

Please specify the version of products.

Does the issue persist after device reboot or it can fix this problem

Please find the information about port usage Here

Thank you!

6 hours ago, Dmitry Parshutin said:

Hello!

Please specify the version of products.

Does the issue persist after device reboot or it can fix this problem

Please find the information about port usage Here

Thank you!

Hello,

KSC version 10.5

KES 11

I havent tried rebooting the system.

I am familiar with this port usage document and usage of specific ports mentioned as a pre-requisite, but my question is that i have confirmed that port 14000 is blocked but still devices client-server connection is established and devices running fine. Could you tell that port 14000 is really useful because without it devices working fine. Thanks

26 minutes ago, Konstantin Antonov said:

13000 port for SSL connections, 14000 port for non-SSL connections we recommend to keep this port open.

Thank you!

Dear Support,

OK got the point regarding ports. The devices were restarted at the start of day, but still issue persists. 

13 часов назад, HD сказал:

and after manually starting it, the device comes alive and start functioning normally

Did you check service startup type of the nagent service, could you please provide a screenshot.

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Konstantin Antonov said:

Did you check service startup type of the nagent service, could you please provide a screenshot.

Thank you!

Service startup type is selected to "Automatic (Delayed Start)". Thanks

19 hours ago, Konstantin Antonov said:

Can we mark this topic as solved?

Thank you!

Dear Support,

Issue still persists. 300+ devices are still have status "Device gone out of control" despite all these devices are turned on and network agent and KES application being installed on it. What i have noticed while checking on these client devices that their Network Agent services are not running although Service startup type is selected to "Automatic (Delayed Start)" and once i start this service, the devices get connected instantly, what could be the reason that these devices' Network Agent services are not running. Following are the troubleshooting which i have performed :

1. From 4-5 client devices, i have run telnet command to check the port communication status of 13000 and its communicating means port is ok.

2. Client devices as well as server are able to ping each other.

3. Executed KLMOVER remotely from KSC on all these devices but still connectivity not started.

4. Force Synchronized has been performed individually on few of these devices and on Managed Devices icon as well but no affect.

Kindly suggest the resolution. Thanks

Hello.

Since the problem is that Network Agent service is not working, it is not possible to investigate the issue remotely by means of KSC (at least not while the service is down). KSC behavior, and the results of all the connectivity troubleshooting, are as expected, drawn from the failure of the Network Agent. The actual question is, why does the service stop.

Please refer to Kaspersky Event Log (Control Panel - Administration - Event viewer) for Network Agent related errors, and look for Network Agent dump files: https://support.kaspersky.com/9336 Please provide both.

Also note that klmover is a utility which is only intended for local use, and it also relies on an operational Network Agent.

Thank you.

7 hours ago, Kirill Tsapovsky said:

Hello.

Since the problem is that Network Agent service is not working, it is not possible to investigate the issue remotely by means of KSC (at least not while the service is down). KSC behavior, and the results of all the connectivity troubleshooting, are as expected, drawn from the failure of the Network Agent. The actual question is, why does the service stop.

Please refer to Kaspersky Event Log (Control Panel - Administration - Event viewer) for Network Agent related errors, and look for Network Agent dump files: https://support.kaspersky.com/9336 Please provide both.

Also note that klmover is a utility which is only intended for local use, and it also relies on an operational Network Agent.

Thank you.

Hello,

Exactly this is what i am also confused that what is the reason Network Agent services are not running automatically although devices can telnet and ping to server. KLMOVER is often used to reconnect client with server (synchronize connection) and in most cases in establish connection but unfortunately al the above methods not helping.

On 11/25/2018 at 7:04 AM, Konstantin Antonov said:

Could you please provide full GSI report with event logs from the one of the affected hosts.

Thank you!

Dear Support,

Kindly find the attached GSIs of 2 affected device and KSC, also snapshots of error. Find the below link. Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzx85zeluuaqx6n/logs.rar?dl=0

4 часа назад, HD сказал:

Dear Support,

Kindly find the attached GSIs of 2 affected device and KSC, also snapshots of error. Find the below link. Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzx85zeluuaqx6n/logs.rar?dl=0

Hello!

Please clarify, did you performed some updates of KSC before the problem occurs? 

Do you have any limitation in your network like firewalls or proxy?

There are alot of errors  in Event logs - SSL connection error, possibly a non-SSL port was used.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Dmitry Parshutin said:

Hello!

Please clarify, did you performed some updates of KSC before the problem occurs? 

Do you have any limitation in your network like firewalls or proxy?

There are alot of errors  in Event logs - SSL connection error, possibly a non-SSL port was used.

Thank you!

Hello,

There was upgradation of KSC to version 10.5 but it was done 6 months before and was running fine until this problem occurs couple of weeks ago.

There is no limitation of Firewalls/Proxy Server, even i have taken remote connection of 8-9 affected devices and checked the communication was good by doing telnet to port 13000 and ping to KSC server.

I have done all requisite troubleshooting and so far didnt find any specific reason for this issue, that why are Network Agents service stopping and when assigning Admin rights and restarting the device then it get perfectly fine. Kindly guide in this regard. Thanks

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.