Tmod700

KTS 2019 Interactive Mode

If anyone else uses KTS2019 in interactive mode besides myself then you may find the response from Kaspersky Tech interesting, Notice that they say it will only be partially fixed in KTS2020 and KTS2019 was just released. So that means we have a long wait until we can use the software with full functionality.

According to the screenshots that you have sent. It seems that you use Kaspersky in Interactive mode. With this, we got several bugs for the 2019 version which will partly be fixed in the next version (2020 version).

Also there are missing details in Application manager for the Private Internet Access program which is what I initially submitted the ticket for and sent all the necessary files and explained to them that I had uninstalled and reinstalled over 12 times yet the same results, Their response is as follows,

As for the empty Application Control list (the screenshot Ashampoo_Snap_2018.10.20_22h07m44s_007_.jpg)
Reinstalling Kaspersky without saving your current Kaspersky settings (you will have some options during the uninstallation) should resolve this issue. Just go to Control Panel and locate Kaspersky to uninstall it. Reboot the computer and reinstall the Kaspersky.

Kaspersky Tech does NOT listen or read what you submit in a ticket, I am attaching the image they are referring to so you can see what is missing in the application manager.

While KTS2018 performed flawlessly,  KTS2019  is very buggy,

Ashampoo_Snap_2018.10.20_22h07m44s_007_.jpg

:ph34r: Hey! Tmod700 : I see that you've been very active on the forum : That's great man..

now if you let Me comment on the issue of - KTS  2019 Interactive Mode -

as mentioned, you reported the issue to Klab TechSupport..Aren't you.?

and its reply was that will - Be fixed partially on 2019 - 20

is unfortunately, why you don't switch to Kis

the best product of Klab : Now with the

notion that KTechSupport don't

listen..Let's apply our own

solutions :: stay Tuned!

1 hour ago, i n d i o said:

:ph34r: Hey! Tmod700 : I see that you've been very active on the forum : That's great man..

now if you let Me comment on the issue of - KTS  2019 Interactive Mode -

as mentioned, you reported the issue to Klab TechSupport..Aren't you.?

and its reply was that will - Be fixed partially on 2019 - 20

is unfortunately, why you don't switch to Kis

the best product of Klab : Now with the

notion that KTechSupport don't

listen..Let's apply our own

solutions :: stay Tuned!

Yes I have submitted this particular issue only to be told to reinstall when I had already done that a few times with no luck. Even mentioned that in my incident submission.

I agree 100% with arriving at our own solutions, It is pretty bad when the end user has to tell Klab Tech's what to do to provide a temp fix to the issue.

Anyway I have not tried KIS 2019 yet as I figured I paid for KTS 2019 and should be able to use all the features without issue.

I don't even know if you can use the same activation code for both KIS and KTS. I already ran out of activation's and had to get them to reset it.

I definitely don't use any of the features that KTS has above KIS but when I purchased it the Password Manager sparked my interest but didn't work as well as I would have hoped so went to a separate password manager.

I may try KIS 2019 but I would think they use the same core so it would react the same as KTS 2019 but that assumption may be incorrect.

Edited by Tmod700

:rolleyes: Hello - Hola : Well I don't try to switch you to Kis - But as a matter of fact most

of the Kaspersky competitors like Bidefender, Norton, MacAfee,.Etc. offers

Total Security with extra features, with extra$$ that - Work  or don't work

for certain users : I'd say that in order to Find out which antivirus

app - Better fit our needs : We've to try it out..

Back to the point which is the better klab product :: For general consensus

is KIS a few clues. On the forums Kis is the app with more posts and

more sold it >> The features of KTS like " KPManager - Files back up

and file Shredder - KPManager : We can install 3rd

party apps : What do you think..?  Hope the

Mods don't delete the post,..

May I add an add on : Read this article Klan article as additional info..

Link : https://kaspersky.antivirus.lv/products/home/compare

Edited by i n d i o

Well found the answer to whether you can install KIS off a KTS activation code, Nope!!

I have no plans on purchasing KIS 2019 when I have another 680 days of this KTS 2019 crap just to test a theory.

Sorry bud as I know where you were headed with that and I do appreciate the thought.

Ashampoo_Snap_2018.10.27_21h25m08s_001_.jpg

Ok ran KIS 2019(c) as 30 day trial and same issue in Interactive Mode as KTS 2019(c).

Ashampoo_Snap_2018.10.27_21h40m38s_001_.jpg

1 hour ago, i n d i o said:

:rolleyes: Hello - Hola : Well I don't try to switch you to Kis - But as a matter of fact most

of the Kaspersky competitors like Bidefender, Norton, MacAfee,.Etc. offers

Total Security with extra features, with extra$$ that - Work  or don't work

for certain users.

I used to have BitDefender and left them when they introduced BD2018 I think it was as they went the direction Kaspersky is going and that seems to be to remove all control away from the end user. Not a fan of having someone else making my decisions for me. Anyway as long as you don't use Interactive mode on either KIS 2019 or KTS 2019 then all should be well.

One thing that really bothers me is regardless of mode you use there are some items that have no details or way of knowing what program is accessing the internet as shown in that last image where all you see is the greater then arrow.

Going to mention this here as I don't see anyplace for it, Kavremover screwed up my ability to backup my system using Aomei Backupper or OneKey backup program. No programs were removed except KIS2019 and used Kavremover to make sure all was clean for the install of KTS2018(k). On reboot neither program could back up my system.

I have to wonder why the end user has to fight to get Kaspersky Tech to acknowledge or even look at the files submitted and/or read what the end user submitted the incident for. Finally after this last battle here is what they sent.

Our developers have checked the files that you have sent and found that the issue with the empty 'Application Control' list is a bug (bug 3072858).

:wacko: My advise is don't use the "Interactive protection mode" and problem

solved, instead Roll back to default mode called - Select action automatically - 

recommended by kaspersky : it has been proofed on Antivirus, Pc programs

Registry cleaners,.Etc..works better with its default settings

a) if you want to KTS to prompt you, when a new app Try to access your

PC system then in General settings - Turn Off  "Select Action automatically"

b) Interactive protection mode : in this Mode the apps react to events

in the way it's been specified : When an app require your attention

will Notify & offer to select an action : Change it is our choice

54 minutes ago, i n d i o said:

:wacko: My advise is don't use the "Interactive protection mode" and problem

solved, instead Roll back to default mode called - Select action automatically - 

recommended by kaspersky : it has been proofed on Antivirus, Pc programs

Registry cleaners,.Etc..works better with its default settings

Then why offer something that doesn't work correctly? Not a fan of Kaspersky deciding what has access to what or can connect to what.

So is your canned response to everyone that has issues is to disable that feature? People has SSL issues uncheck the box, Even though KTS will tell you that is a security risk. Interactive mode does not work correctly, Use default, For that matter why not have zero user settings?

Instead of suggesting that end users disable or use different settings why don't you write Kaspersky a letter recommending they release a product that is not so buggy? If KTS2018 doesn't have the issues and KTS2019 does chances are it is KTS2019 that is the issue.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.