SwissMuffin

How do licences work for KTS and KPM?

Hi,

I have a PC running windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I have a 5 licence pack for Kaspersky Total Security. My wife and i have individual accounts on the PC and we both use Kaspersky password manager but have different myKaspersky logins so that we do not share our passwords.

1) For Total security, is it just the one licence and is the licence allocated to the first person who logs into my Kaspersky.

2) For Kaspersky password Manager, do we use 1 or two licences? Who are they allocated too? 

3) If the login inb number 1 is to my mykaspersky, what happens when my wife reboots the PC and logs in as her and her password manager connects to her myKaspersky?

N

KPM contains only one cloud database in a dedicated My Kaspersky account,
you will have to create a  second separate account and link  KPM to this second account during the install procedure.
Knoweledge Base : https://support.kaspersky.com/12734

Thanks Berny and that makes great sense. Starting with a brand new laptop, and a 5 licence KTS  i want to do the following

1) Install windows, creating the admin account MY_ADMIN and install all the software including the kaspersky components.

2) Define two normal users, on the laptop. NIGEL and KAREN who both have individual myKaspersky accounts. 

3) Add a licence key to Kaspersky Total security and connect it to the mykaspersky account of NIGEL. I logoff from MYADMIN

4) Login as NIGEL and setup KPM with the mykaspersky account of NIGEL.

4) Login as KAREN and setup KPM with the mykaspersky account of KAREN:

How many licences did i use and in whose myKaspersky account do they show up.

N

You are Welcome. You should still be able to activate and run KTS on 5 PC’s. Also , you can install KPM on  IOS or Android devices with your personal login.

On 10/24/2018 at 2:59 PM, SwissMuffin said:

Hi,

I have a PC running windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I have a 5 licence pack for Kaspersky Total Security. My wife and i have individual accounts on the PC and we both use Kaspersky password manager but have different myKaspersky logins so that we do not share our passwords.

1) For Total security, is it just the one licence and is the licence allocated to the first person who logs into my Kaspersky.

2) For Kaspersky password Manager, do we use 1 or two licences? Who are they allocated too? 

3) If the login inb number 1 is to my mykaspersky, what happens when my wife reboots the PC and logs in as her and her password manager connects to her myKaspersky?

N

I think that you can’t do this.

In KTS, Kaspersky Password Manager is for one user only. So you can’t use it with two different My Kaspersky Account in my opinion. There is no limit of devices but it is connected to a single user. :huh:

We travel with a single laptop so we each have a user account on it. Windows allows this and word/excel, etc do to. We do not want to share a mykaspersky account as we do not want access to each others password vault.  It then sort of gets messy because you may have KTS connected to one mykaspersky and the two KPMs connceted to to more. 

Your advice appreciated and i will rebuild one windows laptop from scratch and see how it behaves before logging a ticket with support.

Just to add a short clarification in this Topic , personally i think  that you can do this.
A KTS license for 5 users is offering a "2 user accounts" option.

A KTS license with less than 5 users is limited to a "1 user account".
In this case however , you still have the opportunity to buy a separate KPM license
that you will be able to add and activate in a second separate MyKaspersky account.

6 hours ago, Berny said:

A KTS license for 5 users is offering a "2 user accounts" option.

Thanks for this clarification Berny. I had forgotten this fact.

On 11/1/2018 at 11:20 AM, The Shield said:

I think that you can’t do this.

So, i correct myself: you can do it.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.