Jerbo

Outlook 2016 + Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method.

So I've used KAV for years but decided I would try a fuller package, Kaspersky Total security 19.0.0.1088(b). After installation I loaded Outlook 2016 and hit "Send and Receive" only to be greeted with an error message "Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance." Then I paused clicked on the Kaspersky tray icon and selected "Pause Protection", ran Outlook 2016 again and no problem so there is no doubt KTS is causing the issue. I searched the forums and saw a guy pose a solution which was to exclude the servers one has set up in Outlook in KTS, however this does no mean you then are skipping any protection when downloading mail so whats the point. There must be a proper fix for this where one still has Total protection and can download and send emails.

PS* One thing that did work was in "Network Settings" deselect "Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection components" and tick  "Do not scan encrypt connections" instead. However I suspect this is probably more dangerous than just adding the 2 in/out email servers in exclusions although it may point to where the issue lies.

Edited by Jerbo

Please try this : Settings >  Additional > Network > Manage exclusions > Enter Mailserver address > Add  + reboot.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.