ElGato

UK Servers? Sign into United Kingdom but all IP checks show as New York USA?

Sign into United Kingdom but all IP checks show as NEW York USA?

Are there any fixes for this or is secure connection not able to do what it claims to do?

According with online Tech articles >> one of the main functions of VPN's is

hide your actual IP Address : if you open the below link on - Line 6 it says

exactly that - Link : https://support.kaspersky.com/13623

Heard the Kaspersky Secure Connection - Premium version allow

to select our own location..is your homework to find out

No Idea what the above post is meant to imply!!!

I have the latest paid version of "Secure" Connection ver 19.0.0.1088,   Info sniper now reports the connection as being in the UK, but websites such as the BBC, Independent, etc seem to think differently.

So Basically all I am paying for is to hide my own IP address and should websites like the BBC etc conclude that I am using a VPN.. they can deny services which I would have if not using the VPN?

As for security, my email addresses will not tolerate me using Secure Connection to sign in, or will my bank, Amazon etc demand that I use an access code which they email to me, which in turn means, I have to disconnect the vpn to get the code from my email to sign in,  BBC.co.uk, should not be BBC.com if signed into the UK, independent newspaper website should not refer me to the USA site. 

Has Secure Connection been blacklisted by UK websites?.. nothing seems to work and if one is only paying to hide ones "real" IP address then whatever country one signs into would be irrelevant.

Cant say I can recommend this product as its not doing what I thought it would and should do,

9 hours ago, ElGato said:

No Idea what the above post is meant to imply!!!

You posted a question on the KSC = Kaspersky Secure Connection

where you appears confused, why this app report your IP address on NYork

and not in London : Kindly I tried to explain the situation, with some

statements plus a link to support my argument. But instead to Thanks

the reply, even thought didn't address totally the question :(

you came up, with that unfair answer. Still on time to apologize

Apologise for what?

Your reply was irrelevant to me, it made no sense, I am sorry if you feel offended but try and put that to one side and simply ask yourself why this product is not doing what it claims to do?

If this is how Kaspersky addresses issues with its product, then all I can say is "bye bye Kaspers."

The point still stands, when signing into the UK servers, then showing up as being in New York clearly shows there is a problem.  Please read the advertising for this product.

Now unless you have anything of any use to add, something that will actually address the issues I am experiencing then I feel it would be best to say nothing at all.

It not my fault this product does not work as claimed,

Edited by ElGato

I am outside the UK. Once connected to the UK it allows me to connect BBC iplayer!!!!  It works and I watched the entire Worldcup last summer in BBC!   I have the paid version

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.