FCWLP

Change Parameters

Running KRT v18.0.11.0 with virus definitions 24.07.2018.  Booting from CD in Limited Graphics mode as Full Graphics hangs likely due to Nvidia graphics card.  Running latest Win10 64bit.

Start Scan completes in <1sec.  When "change parameters" selected only items being scanned are 1)Boot sectors and 2)Efi boot objects.  If "add objects" selected only option shown is "Raw File system."  Scan time with "Raw File system" included is still <1sec.

Also noted is that on the main KRT dialog that the "Tools" menu is not shown to the left of Quarantine.

How do you configure KRT to scan Windows files or the entire HDD?

Thanks,

Attached is the hwinfo.  System is a Dell Precision 5520 laptop with SSD for C: and HDD for D:.

FYI:

1) When booting up it looks like it may have a problem with recognition of SATA controllers.

2)when loading KRT final message is, "Product folder is place in RAM now.  All reports...will be lost after reboot or shutdown!"

Good option to have the browser available to retrieve the hwinfo file.

Thanks

krd2018_hwinfo_4C4C4544-004A-4310-8058-B7C04F324732_2018_07_26.07_07_26.tgz

I did some searching on Dell Precision 5520, Linux and SATA.  Dell recommends changing BIOS for SATA from default "RAID On" to "AHCI".  I made this change in the BIOS and KRT now mounts the required volumes and the system is scanning in limited graphics mode.  I will try regular graphics mode later and report.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Limited graphics mode ran o'k and found no issues.  

Regular graphics would not run.  Hangs during "*hwsetup" with "NMI watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#6 stuck for 23s! [kworker/6:2:1397]"

Limited graphics work adequate for me.