OBK

Install required updates - best practise

Hi,

I have several tasks "Install required updates and fix vulnerabilites". Settings are configured for "Start Installation at device restart or shutdown".

The task should run every day when a new software update is approved.

My question: Which is the best practise for the setting "Scheduled start"? I tried with "Manually" and "Manually and "Run missed Tasks", but my problem with these settings is: All other installation tasks stop after the start and give the event "Waiting until another remote-Installation task is finished followed by the name of the task "Install required updates and fix vulnerabilites".

I use KSC 10 SP3.

Kind regards,

OBK

Hello. 

You may start Install required updates and fix vulnerabilities once a week. 

You can not run multiple installation tasks on a single device as it could lead to instability of operating system or installed software.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Evgeny_E:

You may start Install required updates and fix vulnerabilities once a week. 

With option "Run missed tasks" or not?

Hello!

This option starts the task for a certain machine that was unavailable at the time task was started on schedule. So it will be started when the machine is available. 

Thanks!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.