So following on from my last post, I never noticed this issue until the GDPR update.

The last post from admin says to remove KSeC and reload, however what it doesnt tell you is there is a free version and a paid version. So my assumption is with the GDPR update we got the free version that has only provides 300mb of protection per day, after which the 0mb warning starts appearing.

Why hasnt this been explained as if I purely reloaded the free version this would start happening all over again.

There is no problem with paid version. We have this issue with Free version of the KSeC, only.

Please check my solution. Thanks.

Whatever Kaspersky decides to do about this issue is anyone's guess but to help keep me sane I think I have found a way to stop this notification from repeatedly appearing.  As to whether Kaspersky agrees with me I am not the least concerned as it has appeared on this forum long enough for them to sort it out. I simply right click on the Kaspersky notification and select 'Turn off notifications for Kaspersky Secure Connection'. Call it 'Burying your head in the sand' if you like but I was seriously considering uninstalling the software from my PC before I worked this out.

This is really poor! I've given up. Bye Bye Kaspersky

Just installed another AV. Looks really good with some nice features

All I did was uninstall Kaspersky Secure Data from Programs and  Features in control panel. If you don't use secure data then this will solve your problem. I never knew that this was installed as a separate component, but it is.

On 7/10/2018 at 10:32 PM, D. said:

There is no problem with paid version. We have this issue with Free version of the KSeC, only.

I'm having this problem as of a few days ago - and I have the paid version.

2 hours ago, C3PO2 said:

I have the paid version.

Welcome. Did you check KSC > Menu > Subscription > Details
Also , please contact Tech Support

On 7/10/2018 at 2:02 PM, D. said:

I beg to differ I have this problem and it is driving me nuts and I have a fully paid licence (which is soon to be binned!)

Hello,

Please send a request to Technical Support via My Kaspersky Account

7 часов назад, ros@live.co.uk сказал:

I beg to differ I have this problem and it is driving me nuts and I have a fully paid licence (which is soon to be binned!) 

UPDATE: we made some fix again. Please check issue now.

5 hours ago, D. said:

Still happening to me.

You can add me to your ever-growing list of frustrated customers.

On 7/10/2018 at 6:07 AM, D. said:

Hello all!

This case should help:

1) Uninstall Kaspersky Secure Connection (KSeC) via Control Panel.

2) Restart PC.

3) Install KSeC again (if need this product): https://support.kaspersky.com/13304#block1

Check issue again. Send result.  We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I did it and it is working perfect now. Just reinstalled the secure connection and it is Ok now. Thank you

I too have the paid version, but the pop-ups have tormented me for over two weeks, periodically going away for a short while, only to return later. I tried KasperInLove's suggestion, but no option to turn off notifications came up when I right-clicked on the pop-up. Tech support  recommends uninstalling Kaspersky Secure Connection and installing the updated version, but they also told me they were working on the problem, so I keep hoping they will figure it out before I take the time and mess up the installation steps. I would have been gone by now, but I'm paid up for over a year and am concerned they won't be any more efficient about giving me my money back than they have been about fixing this nightmare.

13 часов назад, DaviCG сказал:

I did it and it is working perfect now. Just reinstalled the secure connection and it is Ok now. Thank you 

Ок. Thanks for info!

After submitting a ticket to Kaspersky, I received the following response (excerpt) (bold/underscore is mine):

"The Kaspersky Secure Connection program is installed alongside the Kaspersky Total Security as a free version...Kaspersky Total Security can function without it.
As a free version, you can make connections containing up to 200Mb of data per day, or 300Mb if the program is connected to your My Kaspersky account. When the quota is used up, a notification like the one you see appears.
"

In my case, the free version of KSC is installed, but I don't use it. The response:

"However, there is an issue since you don’t use Kaspersky Secure Connection because the quota should remain unused. You may uninstall and re-install Kaspersky Secure Connection to regain the data volume quota, or uninstall it if it is not required."

In summary, the comment made by an admin earlier in this thread:
"There is no problem with paid version. We have this issue with Free version of the KSeC, only. "
is -- although confusing and clearly subject to misinterpretation -- correct.  I hope this helps clarify and resolve this issue for those affected.

I have used Kaspersky Internet Security for about 5 years, and I recently started seeing the annoying messages others have complained about in this thread, in the black lower-right dialog box.   I think it started 2 or 3 months ago after I bought a new computer.   It seems to happen especially on weekends (maybe from more computer use?).  Today I saw the message "Connect to My Kaspersky and get secure internet access for free" - maybe not verbatim. I have also seen ""You have 0 B of secured traffic again".  My questions are, why am I seeing this? and how to I stop this annoyance?

I got tired of waiting for Kaspersky to fix the problem for everybody, so went the uninstall/install route a couple of days ago. I wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of my wife, who is much more adept around a computer than I am. The message hasn't recurred - maybe because I haven't banked online as much - but hopefully for good.

The fix is simple. Uninstall the free version of Kaspersky Secure Connection and then either reinstall it or don't reinstall it, whichever you prefer.

Presumably it's highly unlikely that Kaspersky are going to be bothered with fixing the free version when there's a paid version that in particular, according to them, is not affected by this issue. It's unfortunate that there's a problem with the free version because that reflects on Kaspersky's reputation in that it has led to confusion, doubts and dissatisfaction amongst users but ultimately it appears, rightly or wrongly, that you get what you pay for.

Edited by OzMerry

It's July 24.  I have the paid version and have yet to see a solution.  On my Dell Windows  10, this notice pops up every 31 minutes.  

It's July 31.  I just renewed my subscription and I keep getting this message every 30 mins.  YOU HAVE 0 B OF SECURED TRAFFIC AGAIN

Settings show all enabled.  Running Windows 10 on my Dell.  Did not have this problem until I paid for renewal.  I have Kaspersky Total Secure.

I do not have the free version loaded as I was running the same for the last 2 yrs.

Edited by Kimry
added info

On 7/12/2018 at 3:20 AM, D. said:

What'st the Fix?  It's still happening.  8/1/18

What fix?  It's still happening.

On 7/12/2018 at 3:20 AM, D. said:

On 7/12/2018 at 9:52 AM, P&S said:

I too have the paid version, but the pop-ups have tormented me for over two weeks, periodically going away for a short while, only to return later. I tried KasperInLove's suggestion, but no option to turn off notifications came up when I right-clicked on the pop-up. Tech support  recommends uninstalling Kaspersky Secure Connection and installing the updated version, but they also told me they were working on the problem, so I keep hoping they will figure it out before I take the time and mess up the installation steps. I would have been gone by now, but I'm paid up for over a year and am concerned they won't be any more efficient about giving me my money back than they have been about fixing this nightmare.

We are in the same boat.  Pre-paid for over a year.  Please share your recommendation with a service provider we can turn to when our current prepaid licenses expire.  It appears the Kaspersky castle has grown so large, they can't keep up with housekeeping.  This should be a minor bug to crush.

Hi,

If the problem is still there, then please send request to Kaspersky Lab Support: https://my.kaspersky.com

Through the forum this can not be investigated.

This topic closed.