SAJFLAD

How delete data vault?

Hi 

I had a data vault created via an older version of KPM for which I no longer have the master password.

I have now installed KPM vs 9... and created a new data vault. Therefore, is it possible to delete the old vault, which I can't access anyway? If I can, where do I find it please?

Thanks

5 minutes ago, SAJFLAD said:

is it possible to delete the old vault, which I can't access

:unsure: Don't  take my answer as correct, but if this KPM version was uninstalled

the - Data vault - Must has been deleted or in technical jargon overwritten

when you install the new KPM-9.0.0.944 : if not satisfy with this

explanation perhaps the Mod Berny has more to explain.?  

Thanks Indio and Berny. 

When I installed KPM vs 9..., the first thing it did was bring up the old data vault and ask me to enter the master password. It also gave me the option of clicking that I'd forgotten the master password. Clicking that option brought up the option of creating a new data vault, which is what I did - and it works perfectly, as per another post I've posted. Therefore, the old vault is lurking about on my PC somewhere, which KPM found, but how do I find it so I can shred it myself?

Thanks

15 hours ago, Berny said:

Thanks for this.

I followed the pathway to point shown in the screenshot. Any idea which one or where the vault is from there, and how to delete it? As I say, KPM asked me for the master password for it, before I then created a new vault.

Thanks

1.png

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.