sebado

WiFi adapter turns off with no reason

Hi all.

Approximately 3 months ago we have migrated the antivirus server, from a physical computer to a virtual machine. To migrate it, a clean installation has been made from scratch. In the old server, we re-target the clients through the network agent, to the new server.
Until there, everything OK.

This is the new server:

In the last 40 days, we began to notice that certain computers, randomly, run out of WiFi connectivity, that means, they lose the connectivity of the network to which they are connected, but in addition to this, the serious factor is that they no longer have visibility of the networks. other WiFi networks.

Here some examples:

image.png.407597e2ad9c8db3728e1b625d9bc8ed.pngimage.png.f1fdd2ec23378bb7f1d2cf759b529305.pngimage.png.8885867d4994e82f0a8682e16e16851f.png  

The only way to fix this issue, is turning off/on the Wireless controller. Investigating, we note that the KAV has a "Device Control" section in which it is shown that it handles WiFi device control.

In the endpoint:

image.png.18896a8c5152bcd6a6e68550a9a10e66.png

However, we have gone crazy looking at the 2 policy (Agent and Endpoint) and we couldn't found the section that refers to "DEVICE CONTROL".

Server policies:

image.thumb.png.4777e811f12edce7a42bb06d262f8f94.png

Policy "KAV Endpoint 10 SP2 for Windows"

image.png.5f4ea141a6ccc5a1fa02416464120032.png

This is the distribution by version:

image.png.09fe6e8424c9a0051b8e13c04a3f89b1.png

image.png.11bb11e34a45b6dbc8230f4355a46c1e.png

image.png.24aaf9aa7a41d29845d88ad98ea4c71d.png

¿Could you please help us? every time it becomes more critical and complex, since it increasingly affects more users.

The only solution we have found is to uninstall the Endpoint in the clients, but it is not the solution we want.

Thank you!

Hello!

Please go to context menu of the administration server - view - configure interface and check all the option available. 

Thanks!

hace 5 minutos, Ivan.Ponomarev dijo:

Hello!

Please go to context menu of the administration server - view - configure interface and check all the option available. 

Thanks!

Ivan, thanks for your fast reply!! 

This is the menu and the check you refer?

image.png.894679d81f078530cc8484690a88f4f8.png

Hello!

Yes, this is the one. 

You better check all the points so you will see all the components in the policies.

Thanks!

hace 3 minutos, Ivan.Ponomarev dijo:

Hello!

Yes, this is the one. 

You better check all the points so you will see all the components in the policies.

Thanks!

Its okay, now i can see the "Device Control" in the policy. 

image.thumb.png.e262969c3c771bd51e4c6c12d9e826e7.png

But, the question i have is.. the wifi is turning off because this check in the policy? that's the reason? or could be another reason?

image.png.edca24370daf8f86d25c6fa17509d1cd.png

What do you recommend?

To find out the reason we should first of all check if the WIFI adapter will turn off if you set it to the allowed device. 

Thanks!

Dear Ivan.

We are monitoring if it happens again.
As soon as possible I will be giving a feedback.
thank you for your help

Dear Ivan

This week we begin to have problems again with this issue.
The worst part of the case is that the users suddenly lose the connection, and when deactivating and activating the adapter again, a BSOD is thrown by the operating system.
This I published in another topic, "BSOD - Klim6.sys".
However, where can the root cause of this continue to occur?
The policy was modified, such as we saw a few weeks ago (attached a screenshot)

image.thumb.png.2c6416d9435331208421779b00ed0026.png

Thanks since now,
Best regards.

Hello. 

Do you have any wi-fi network list specified in device control ?

Is there any NIC similarities between those hosts, like chipset manufacturer or driver version. 

En 14/7/2018 a las 2:08, Evgeny_E dijo:

Hello. 

Do you have any wi-fi network list specified in device control ?

Is there any NIC similarities between those hosts, like chipset manufacturer or driver version. 

Hello Evgeny, what do you mean with "Do you have any wi-fi network list specified in device control ?"

The only thing that we changed is the "check". It's the only thing that some weeks ago another people said here to solve the problem

image.thumb.png.1f252e08602448a2d7b51018397938e2.png

but, as i said, the problem is not resolved.

We are uninstalling the KAV from the PCs with problems, because they get a BSOD 

Hello.

11 минут назад, sebado сказал:

what do you mean with "Do you have any wi-fi network list specified in device control ?"

Do you have anithing specified here :

networks.PNG

Wha about my other question ? 

Цитата

Is there any NIC similarities between those hosts, like chipset manufacturer or driver version ?

Hello Evgeny,

image.thumb.png.e891dabfff8bc31f8aa6dabcf7648b22.png

If i press "yes", this i what i get

image.thumb.png.7efcb9f4312bed4ff97cc382be0bfdbe.png

In order about the chipset manufacturer/driver version, I think they are similar, but the certainty is that they are all Lenovo ThinkPad Notebooks.

Two of them, are Dell Latitude e7450.

You may check devmgmt.msc on a workstations for network adapter information. 

Different laptop namufacturers can in fact have the same wireless network adapter designed by one of the major component supplier.

Ok.

We'll try to collect the information you are asking for. Please give us some days to work on that

Thanks