zeppi

KIS 2019 Missing Outlook 2016 Anti Spam Add-In [merged]

Hello,

i am using Office 2016 on windows 7 64bit.

Two weeks ago Kaspersky Internet Security installed an automatic update.

After the update the both Kasperski-Buttons inside Outlook (Spam, No-Spam) disappeard in the Outlook-Menu and i can't bring them back.

What can i do to bring them back?

Thx

:rolleyes: Welcome @Zeppy

if these buttons were removed after a Kaspersky update. Try now to update your

Outlook 2016 to the latest update from Mar 14 - Released by Microsoft office

if it doesn't help..Try the fixes applied on this outlook 2003 - Hope it works

When you typed the commands from the link : Don't use "Quotations" marks and  

also on the - Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 - Replaced by your current version

number like >> Kaspersky Internet Security 17.0 or 18.0 and good luck

Link :  https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/43419-spam-and-not-spam-buttons-missing 

Edited by Indio

On 3/18/2018 at 4:29 AM, zeppi said:

Hello,

i am using Office 2016 on windows 7 64bit.

Two weeks ago Kaspersky Internet Security installed an automatic update.

After the update the both Kasperski-Buttons inside Outlook (Spam, No-Spam) disappeard in the Outlook-Menu and i can't bring them back.

What can i do to bring them back?

Thx

Have you looked in Kaspersky settings to make sure your Anti-Spam is still enabled? Just a thought in case it got disabled somehow through the update performed.

In Kaspersky its enabled, but disabled in Outlook. See screenshot.

I uninstall KIS and reinstall - same problem.

There must be an problem between outlook and KIS

kis01.jpg

1 hour ago, zeppi said:

In Kaspersky its enabled, but disabled in Outlook. See screenshot.

I uninstall KIS and reinstall - same problem.

There must be an problem between outlook and KIS

kis01.jpg

Did you try the possible solution posted above? Given by Indio

Yes i try, Outlook is up to date.
Now i do a second reinstall and what a wonder, it works but i have to start Anti Spam in KIS manually. It was off. At the first time this didn't work, but now.

And if you klick on Options in Anti-Spam Outlook Addin (see screenshot) it do not open the Anti-Spam Option in KIS rather Anti-Mail Options.

This is a small bug, but now it works again.

15 hours ago, zeppi said:

Yes i try, Outlook is up to date.
Now i do a second reinstall and what a wonder, it works but i have to start Anti Spam in KIS manually. It was off. At the first time this didn't work, but now.

And if you klick on Options in Anti-Spam Outlook Addin (see screenshot) it do not open the Anti-Spam Option in KIS rather Anti-Mail Options.

This is a small bug, but now it works again.

Interesting! :) I wouldn't of guess it worked that way in your line #2, but it did. Glad you got it ok

Updated to KIS 2019,

seems to be an error. 3x Restarts, before KIS was full installied.

Afterwards missing Anti SPAM Add In in Outlook 2016.

5min wasting to find out, that Anti SPam was disabled, and then you can select, how SPAM should be labeled.

But not moved to the Spam folder (or any folder) like with the Add-in.

Why is that not mentioned before installing KIS?

Really, so far KIS is a Software that is getting from Version to Version not better, more the other way...

Why can`t i shoose not to install Secure Connection or Secure Wifi before, as a custom installation?   Always need to uninstall it afterwards...

But where is the Anti SPAM Add-in? When will it come back=?

Sofar, i don`t recommend to upgrade KIS 2019

KU2016

And i see this result:

detected SPAM Mails (Marked with SPAM!): 0

Undetected SPAM: 5

How to mark undetected SPAM without Add-In: Not possible.

So, where is the Function Update in KIS 2019?

????

the mcouas.dll is missing in KIS 2019

is there any solution to add anti spam bottom in outlook 2016?

Welcome.

I think Anti SPAM Add-On for Outlook has been removed in K2019 new versions... still K2019 will analyse POP/SMTP traffic and will add the labels to subjects messages:

[!! SPAM] -> spam messages

[?? Probable Spam] -> probable spam messages

So You should created rules in Your OutLook to process those messages and move them to appropriate folder...

vor 3 Stunden schrieb harlan4096:

Welcome.

I think Anti SPAM Add-On for Outlook has been removed in K2019 new versions... still K2019 will analyse POP/SMTP traffic and will add the labels to subjects messages:

So You should created rules in Your OutLook to process those messages and move them to appropriate folder...

Huge Step Backwards to remove the Add In.

There is no Hint before installing it.

now i have to create Rules to move to Junk Mail?

But the Problem is, as i reported before, that KIS Anti Spam does not label SPAM or Possible SPAM Mails with a new Subject, even i have enabled it..

Seems i need go back to KIS 2018 and use it as long as possible, and when the license expires, i buy something else...

No one form Kaspersky able to answer  this question? Why is it removed? What should it make easier?

Before i could change it with two Clicks in Outlook, no i need like 5 Clicks in Kaspersky Settings, and then it is not working..

WE2016

Same here, I just registered in the forum to inquire what is going wrong. Obviously I am not the only victim. While the Antispam plugin is shown as active, both envelopes (green and red) are missing. So I see, I am not alone with this issue. If this is true, it would be a huge step backwards indeed.

This is  kis19.0.0.1088de_14081 and Outlook 2016.

Even if KIS marks messages as Spam/Probable Spam (not sure if it does) and I have to establish Outlook rules,  this doesn't give me the possibility to decide otherwise in a simple way.

Kind regards, Michael

Seems to be the same issue with total security 2019.

Can't even see listed in add ins but guessing not there as received a email marked as spam which is in my safe list!

A backward step.

I raised a case with Kasp Tech Support and the functionality has been intentionally removed.  Bill at Tech Support said:

"You are correct, the Spam button has been completely removed in our 2019 version. The component is still available in your Kaspersky application and will mark junk emails as SPAM, as you have stated yourself. To create rules for your spam email to be sent to a specific folder, you will need to use your MS Outlook 2013 settings."

What Bill left out was how you deal with all those emails that Kaspersky does not recognise as spam and does not mark as such, which is in my experience about 75% of all spam received each day. 

When our licenses expire we will switch to Bitdefender and encourage our clients to do the same.

After many years supporting Kaspersky, and through their recent PR problems, I really think they've shot themselves in the foot big-time and all for a measly 900Kb dll add-on.   

Another disgruntled customer here.

The anti-spam does not work AT ALL for me. Since upgrading yesterday to the 2019 version of Kaspersky Total Security, not a single email has been flagged as spam.

And yes, I have checked that everything is proper according to https://help.kaspersky.com/KTS/2019/en-US/70766.htm

I receive around 500-1000 of emails per day, and usually Kaspersky flagged many more than half of them as spam -- and did so without false positives so I was very happy.

If anti-spam no longer works it is going to be a significant reason to switch.

(following up my own post)

I have received a response from Kaspersky. Here it is.

"We would like to inform you that with the introduction of the 2019 version, the Anti-Spam plugin in all versions of Outlook has been discontinued. That is why you no longer see it and even a re-installation would not not work, it is by design. The reasons behind this decision are the decline in the number of customer using this feature and the fact that the majority of them use web-based email services. Bear in mind that this is the only change. The remaining parts of Anti-Spam will still be operating as usual (the component will be scanning and checking network traffic for spam). Mail Anti-Virus and its plugin were left intact, everything remains the same. Apologies for any inconvenience this might cause."

Well, it was good while it lasted :-) 

Damn, that is a huge step backwards. If this is permanent, not much reason for me to keep using KIS since this was the main feature I used every day. 

Edited by richbuff
Please continue this with Tech Support. Off topic content has been deleted, this topic is amicably closed. :)

Since for no Reason, my previos Post

Outlook Add-In missing was closed:

Kaspersky is entitled to do in their Forum what they want.

To believe no one was using the Outlook Add in and therefore is bullshit.

It is a huge step backwards, esp. when people in the same treath say, that the SPAM Tagging

is not working. (and i know how to use Outlook).

No SPAM Mail detected so far from Kaspersky.

Here is what i will do:

get rid of KIS 2019, and install 2018 again.

Use it as long as the Key is activated.

Recommend to my Friends and the like >10 Persons i support, not to renew their KIS License.

In the End Kaspersky, i am deciding where so spend my money, not you.

If you believe that Behaivor is the right way to treat Customers (when some Governens forbid to buy Kaspersky for Governant Agencies), that is up to you.

With the closing of the threat. and the stuipd explenation, you just lost more then one Customer.

Good luck in the Future, i will switch after 10 years to something diferent. Might the time for it.

And that is probably the Last Posting here.

Bye.

1 hour ago, Whatelse2016 said:

It is a huge step backwards, esp. when people in the same treath say, that the SPAM Tagging

is not working. (and i know how to use Outlook).

No SPAM Mail detected so far from Kaspersky.

Personally never used Kaspersky spam filter, nowadays most if all spam are filtered very effectively by the mail providers (e.g Gmail and Microsoft) at source and the remaining by the mail reader (e.g. outlook). Strange that you are so heavily affected by spam mails.

If you have issues with a non functional option in Kaspersky 2019 wouldn't' t be better to report directly to Kaspersky support so that it can be fixed rather than wasting your time at the user forum? :)

Hello there,

I recently downloaded the 2018 update for Kaspersky, and all was well until I realised that the Kaspersky icons in Outlook which allowed one to filter out spam were missing, and I have tried for a while to get them to appear but to no avail. The add-in is enabled in Kaspersky along with all of its settings and I have checked this also. Is there any way to resolve this?

Many thanks.

Hallo zusammen,

musste wegen eines Microsoft Konto-Problems mit Auswirkungen auf Outlook 2016, das gesamte Paket für "Office Home & Business neu installieren. Hatte zuvor bei einem Versuch, um die gesamt Neuinstallation herum zukommen, im Outlook alle Add-ons deaktiviert. Nun bekomme ich dort die beiden KIS-Buttons nicht mehr angezeigt. Lässt sich auch nicht über die Add-on-Option aktivieren. Ist spurlos verschwunden. In KIS selbst sind beide Email-Überwachungen auf "Ein" gestellt.

Wie ich sehe habe ich auf einmal auch die Office-Version für 64-bit. Hatte vor der Neuinstallation 32-bit.

Hier wird ja berichtet, dass der 64-bit-Version Kaspersky Probleme hat. Ist das wirklich immer noch so? Also Tscfhüss Spam-Buttons?:(

Gruß, rivasol

--

Hi.

It's about the anti-spam buttons on Outlook 365 and I have tried to search this forum about my problem, but could not find anything like that 

and the things that could possibly help do not seem to work for me. When I look at settings in 
outlook 365 under add-ins, i can see kaspersky outlook anti-virus addin is enabled but there are 
no buttons, so i can block unwanted emails as i could before. Are there any who could help here ?
I have windows 10, outlook 365 and kaspersky internet security 19.0.0.1088 (b)
with best regards

westlin

The anti-spam buttons in Outlook 365 are not available anymore with KIS 2019.

4 hours ago, Berny said:

The anti-spam buttons in Outlook 365 are not available anymore with KIS 2019.

Just my curiosity really but can you say why not. Thanks

Edit: add quote:  https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/395697-kis-2019-missing-outlook-anti-spam-add-in-merged-with-redux/&do=findComment&comment=2804121

Welcome.

Edited by richbuff
Merged, and add quote.