This has probably been answered before but I am curious.

Why does a Rootkit Scan for 4300 files takes 34 minutes and a Full Scan for 280,000 files takes 9 minutes?

Both scans done with the computer idle.

Because full scan if you scanned earlier then kaspersky AV scanning only changed files not same file once again only changed.

I have asked this question before but never get a satisfactory answer.

Why does a Rootkit scan take 35 minutes (3,752 files) while a Full scan takes only 10 minutes (259,123 files)??

These are my parameters:

Windows 10 x64, KIS 19 (b). Computer at idle when scanning.

Full scan with default settings including iSwift and iChecker.

I have been told that the Full scan includes a Rootkit scan but that does not make sense to me with the results I am getting.

So I have to ask again since I can't sleep until I know the answer.

On 7/21/2018 at 7:18 AM, AvalonP said:

Hi, AvalonP. I, guessing here, but my take is that the Rootkit Scan checks everything including zipped files, whereas you have the options in the full scan of only scanning new and changed files, and also not scanning archives.

After my initial full scan I disabled both those options as if a zipped and archived file is opened Kaspersky will scan it when opened, and if any malicious elements are found will jump into action.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.