Archdregs

2019 Update sometimes stuck at 100% [merged, and split]

On 5/31/2018 at 9:19 AM, richbuff said:

Also, in addition to what Berny indicates in the post located above this post,

Please try running Edge browser, as indicated in the Russian forum: https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/395149-зависание-kis-при-обновлении-антивирусных-баз/&do=findComment&comment=2804593

Any better after that?

Repeated post above. Please try run Edge browser.  Any better after that? 

Also, in addition to instruction in the previous post located above this post, 

Go to here and read my reply.

Hi. I have kaspersky internet security 2019 installed on my laptop and i've been experiencing some update issues. The first time it happened, the update stopped at 100% and it wouldn't finish so i solved the problem by rebooting my laptop. Then i checked kaspersky application and it was already updated. Today the same thing happenned, but the update got stuck at 86%.

Did someone else already experience this issue or know how to fix it? 

Starting Edge, bizarrely enough, allows the update to finish.

Unfortunately, this is only a workaround because you will most likely have to do it again at the next update.

Hope there is a permanent fix soon...

Unfortunately, this is only a workaround because you will most likely have to do it again at the next update.

38 minutes ago, Stéphane007 said:

Now that's weird... I've seen other people suggesting that too, thank you! I'll try it next time i have the problem.

5 hours ago, Stéphane007 said:

I have exactly the same issue and the update was struck for a couple of days...rebooting didn't fix etc. Now you have said and as soon as I open the Edge browser, KIS update finally got completed! :D

Please try out  above suggestion from richbuff and run Edge when you encounter this issue.

Hi. Yes, opening edge causes the update process to resume. thanks!

Edited by NVTesla

Am 2.6.2018 um 15:39 schrieb Stéphane007:

Thanks Stephane007 - i got the same problem like diana_reguinga. 

Starting the Edge Browser is working fine as a workaround - but it's kinda funny...

Greets

tbshpgn 

Edited by tbshpgn

Here's one more nail on this buggy - KIS 19.0.0.1088 : dataBase Updates system

I had some quick Scans stop at [  1%  ] But daily updates were working ok

normally the 1st Update definitions start at 5:00 AM : but today stuck @100

* Launch sooner the patch that will fix this malfunction

Capture.PNG.59c135a9cdaf8ab521ff2fdf66791459.PNG

I never experienced the update stuck bug,but i have another issue with updates that might be connected.For me ever since i moved to KIS19 my updates are taking anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes to complete a 50KB-350KB size updates.Interestingly enough the first update after install was about 6MB in size and finished in about 1 min.Any update after that first one is really slow now.Anyone else experiencing these slow updates?

Hello,

I have The Version KIS 19.0.0.1088(a) and i have the problem when it make an auto Update, and it shows 100% and in the icon and update the update continue runs and not stop.

Best regards Michael

Hi Michael,
it's a known problem. Please start 'Edge', then the update will be completed.
Please note the topic

Hello Schulte,

Thank you for Information, i will test it next time.

Best regards Michael

Same problem with KIS19 for me too.
Automatic Update stucks to 100% and it is fixed with restart only.
Manually updating is working fine.

20 hours ago, Archdregs said:

I don't know what I did but apparently I never stuck anymore for about a week now.

:D

Really?! It's still happening on my end, I have to open up Edge every time, still waiting for a permanent fix.

9 hours ago, NVTesla said:

Really?! It's still happening on my end, I have to open up Edge every time, still waiting for a permanent fix.

Hmm . . . Perhaps running chrome has an effect too? Chrome has an option to run in background even after all tabs closed. I use Chrome.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.